Prosthetic Makeup Classes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prosthetic Makeup Classes?

Hello all! We have been considering the idea of having a traveling Prosthetics makeup class in the vein of Wolfe Bros.
    face painting seminars that go to the major expos and conventions. Since Nick and Brian always schedule thier classes
    after tradeshows, we thought our class could be before the shows so as not to step on the toes of our freinds,
    the Wolfe Bros.

Our idea is to bring our Hollywood training and experience to everyone who has interest. This would be a 2 day "hands-on"
    class and would cover basic to advanced application, coloring and removal. Our idea is to show how to use small appliances,
    like noses all the way up to multiple piece prosthetics.

We really need your feedback as this will be quite a costly start up to get off the ground. PLEASE post your comments,ideas
    and suggestions, good or bad, so we can get a feel if this is feasible or not. We don't know what class costs would be yet but
    we would make sure it was affordable and worth every penny.

If your not familiar with me or our company, Visit our website at : www.BoneyardFx.com I have been teaching makeup classes for
    over 11 years and work with Haunted Media Dvd magazine as thier Makeup instructor.

We would love to get feedback from EVERYONE here about this proposal.

Thanks for any input! Regards, Larry Bones - Bone Yard Effects, Inc.

Larry,

You should not just consider haunted house gatherings, but horror conventions as well. The Horrorfind Convention in Baltimore caters to horror fans, haunters, and lots of low budget filmmakers that would all be interested in your class.
    And yes, this is a blatant attempt to get you to have a class near me, but my idea is a legitimate one. :twisted:
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

Lurker,
      Thats a good idea! Horror conventions might have just as much interest! Thanks for the input! Larry

Comment

I'd be very interested in attending one of your courses! I think a hands-on prosthetic mask making course would be fantastic as well!
        Kevin
        MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Kevin,
          I did think about a hands on "how to make a prosthetic" class, but do to the nature of making them, it would be quite hard. The materials and process is quite messy and time consuming.

I have thought about doing a workshop for Haunted media DVD that would cover the steps of making prosthetics, but it has not come to fruition as of yet. Larry

Comment

Larry,

I'm speaking about prosthetic sock masks like Ben uses at Netherworld. You did an article about creating them in HAM. Making actual prosthetics, too much work for me! That's what we have you for! :lol:

I've got all of the materials and I am going to attempt making one this weekend using the Zombie prosthetic I purchased from you a couple of weeks ago.
            Kevin
            MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Kevin,
              Oh, Okay! Thats possible with minimal mess! Thanks again for your input! Larry

Comment

Larry, I think that the class is a great idea! I think that a lot of folks will benefit from your information. Having the visuals right there in front of them, along with your personal instruction will really help people! I'd definitely be interested in going just to be able to brush up on my skills!
                www.mindseizure.com
                www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Larry, I would say got for it! It might take some really careful planning, but it sounds like a great idea.
                  Brad Bowen
                  Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                  www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

depending on the cost to attend the class I know myself and a few of my cast members would be interested in going!

Sean
                    Sean De Wane
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    The De Wane Asylum
                    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

If this 2 day class was around $400 and you got to keep all the tools and materials, would it be worth it to you? Larry

Comment

Definitely!
                        Kevin
                        MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

SURE WOULD. SOME MAKEUP CLASSES RUN $600 PER DAY AND YOU HAVE TO BUY THE PRODUCT AS WELL..

SEAN.

WOULD YOU EVER BE INTERESED IN TRAVELING TO DO A PRIVATE CLASS? SAY A FEW HAUNTS IN NE-WISCONSIN GOT TOGETHER AND PAYED EQUAL SHARE? JUST A THOUGHT.
                          SEAN
                          Sean De Wane
                          ----------------------------------------------
                          The De Wane Asylum
                          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Sean,
                            I would definitely consider private classes. The cost would go up a bit due to added travel expenses. It would have to be early in the season as we get very busy with Halloween sales, film projects and Universal's Halloween Horror nights. Larry

Comment

Working...
                            X