Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haunt tactics ...jeez

soo here we go again...
    honestly i think i am just gonna stick to the vendors who i know deliver..
    tim emailed me on here to tell me my order was ready to ship in july....
    in october i called n left 2 messages to just send me my money back...

now its almost december and no order or 2500 deposit...
    sure glad i tried to support ur business....haunt tactics should maybe be called some other kinda tactics..

i dont give 2 shits about excuses
    just send me my money ....jeez
    in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
    www.DEADACRES.COM

It never ends with these vendors. Is it because many are just one step away from their old 9 to 5 job and do this as a hobby?

DA

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      It never ends with these vendors. Is it because many are just one step away from their old 9 to 5 job and do this as a hobby?

DA
      Precisely, because most of them are not business men but lucrative hobbyists, if you will, which is fine if they actually deliver, but as we've seen time after time, a lot of them can't seem to manage the business side of things.

Comment

Probably the same could be said for haunters. That's why there is such a disparity between the really successful ones and the other 90% of the other haunters. The ones that you always hear about and seem to always grow are great business minded people, haunters second. Look at how easy it is for someone to call himself a "haunter". But is it fair that someone who puts out handmade props on their porch for halloween can be called the same thing as a Larry Kirchner or Dwayne Sanburn?

Many haunters are 9 to 5 everyday people who love halloween and want to have fun scaring people and getting dressed up, and one bad season away from going back to their day jobs.

DA

Comment

heres some news...

i paid with a credit card and my office is filling out paper work about the transaction..
          to have master card go after this guy...

instead of charging me half...
          he charged my card for the full amount............... five grand...

i hate being scammed outta five grand...by yet another haunt vendor...
          five grand that wasn't in my account all year to buy supplies
          pay for advertisement, labor, electric, animatronics made by companies that deliver
          jeeez it gets sooo old...
          seems part of my business anymore...is going after vendors that rip me off

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
          www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

I've seen your show I don't think their costumes are really up to your shows quality anyway...

Good luck.

DA

Comment

well thanks dark...

i agree their costumes r not my style...for the most part costumes r not my style though..

i ordered all their plants for bad trip in 3d....i think they woulda fit in nicely

what the funny part is the guy said i would git them before june......man if i had a quarter every time i have heard that..
              and that they were only taking soo many orders soo they could be sure they could fill all the orders in a timely manner....

glad i dont have a temper like larry....i just want my money back before i have to plan a trip to Pa....

whats even more funny is the email that i got in july saying it was almost ready to ship......here we go again...

been thinking about having my own agreement drawn up for this year and having these smaller vendors sign it when taking my order.....just something simple...outlining the entire agreement...this gettin burned isnt such a big deal for me personally...

but i feel sorry for smaller haunts where every dollar counts...damn it they charge my account for the full amount and never ship a thing...make promises n break em...make new promises n break them too...
              while i am trying to support them by purchasing their product....jeez

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
              www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

I feel your pain. It happens to us at least twice a year. Theres just no way to buy safely unless its there right in front of you. Even buying used stuff from haunters that descibed like new and I get a rusted, dirty peice of crap. Well it worked when it left here, the cgi should be in its player, it was when it left here...it goes on and on even to the point where some are calling you the crook and all you did was send them money. My whole game just changed, good rep or not.
                IN THIS INDUSTRY - A Haunter/vendor or anyone has at least been dishonest 1 time or another - A good guy today , is a bad guy tomorrow...

Stew
                Last edited by Darksidestew; 12-19-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

I even tried to get to the website. It never loaded for me.. Has anyone else had trouble? I remember talking with Tim several years back and he was emphatic about customer service. I was having trouble with Spookywoods at the time. I really like Tim and his crew. Very surprised about this stuff. I hope he gets everything worked out and people get the costumes and product they paid for.

Sue
                  http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

i thought insane shane was the industry go too guy on these kids of issues....? whats up brother...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                    www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

I think it's time to get brutal with those assholes! Make em' next years props.

Comment

Working...
                      X