No announcement yet.

Business people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woahhhh! Talk about blast from the past! This was such a great thread, great reading it all over again. So much has happened in the last 3 years. Talk about time flying... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
      Woahhhh! Talk about blast from the past! This was such a great thread, great reading it all over again. So much has happened in the last 3 years. Talk about time flying... Lol
      Indeed! So, what's happened, and has been happening?

Comment

Well.... It's been a bit crazy. The production company I started and invested into has grown into something unbelievable. We moved into a 3,000sqft warehouse after this past haunt season. The scope of what we have become is greater than I could have ever imagined. My business partner (who was originally just a make up artist and designer for me) now has a full time schedule between conventions, trade shows, teaching and make up gigs. We went from having income come from 90% Transworld down to only 60% Transworld. We have clients all across the board, and have been doing a LOT of aesthetic work for amusements parks, and have broken into the cosplay industry as well. We are currently looking into purchasing the entire property our warehouse is on, and gain additional income through subdividing and renting out the whole facility (approx. 80,000sqft of mixed use).

My haunts have been getting more popular as well. We are at full blown professional and going onto year 4 now, and have seen a steady increase each year and held a VERY successful Valentines Day Haunt this past February.

I feel exceptionally blessed to have things going so well and have very high hopes for the future. If you asked me 3 years ago if I'd be a college dropout but this successful, I would've laughed. lol

Comment

1. Surround yourself with people who are better then you, or at the level you want to be at in 3 to 5 years. A big mistake is surrounding yourself with people because of proximity that add no value to your goal.
          2. Get dirty fast! Dont have all your ducks in a row and dont play house. Get out and fail, evaluate, adjust and repeat. Most current millionaires have filed bankruptcy twice.
          3. Try not to get business partners and if you do they must have capital investment.
          4. If people say you're a fool because you are thinking outside of the box you're on the right track. Expect people to attempt to hold you back.
          5. A schedule is everything. Live intentionally. Your days have to be planned.
          6. Integrity counts!
          7. Don't expect a cash return and put everything back into the biz that you can until you're thumping.
          8. If you do it everyday, even when you dont want to, Its a biz. If you do it when you feel like it, its a hobby. Evaluate yourself and adjust!
          Brilliant! Words to live by!

Comment

I can tell you honestly that I would never invest in a business that isn't right there in your community, one you can have hands on roll in making sure its successful. There has been several cases in this industry included where someone invested in a vendor business from another state only to see that business fail. If you can't have some sort of hands on control to make sure they do exactly what they are supposed to do, fill orders, and track expenses I wouldn't do that for anyone. Period.

A small business can turn into a giant nightmare if you are not careful.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
              Brilliant! Words to live by!

1. Surround yourself with people who are better then you, or at the level you want to be at in 3 to 5 years. A big mistake is surrounding yourself with people because of proximity that add no value to your goal.
              2. Get dirty fast! Dont have all your ducks in a row and dont play house. Get out and fail, evaluate, adjust and repeat. Most current millionaires have filed bankruptcy twice.
              3. Try not to get business partners and if you do they must have capital investment.
              4. If people say you're a fool because you are thinking outside of the box you're on the right track. Expect people to attempt to hold you back.
              5. A schedule is everything. Live intentionally. Your days have to be planned.
              6. Integrity counts!
              7. Don't expect a cash return and put everything back into the biz that you can until you're thumping.
              8. If you do it everyday, even when you dont want to, Its a biz. If you do it when you feel like it, its a hobby. Evaluate yourself and adjust!

Thanks, I teach this everyday Those are just the few off the top of my head.
              Last edited by tonguesandwich; 06-09-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

It's really all about the people on your team otherwise you are nothing. Without my dedicated crew we'd get no where!

Comment

Originally posted by tonguesandwich View Post
                  Thanks, I teach this everyday Those are just the few off the top of my head.
                  Oh? Do tell!

Comment

Working...
                  X