Looking for a shower scene idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a shower scene idea

I am going to do a bathroom scene next season. I want to put a prop in a corner shower. I want the shower to either be full of water or look like it is. Any good ideas on how to make a prop kick, twitch, and shake under water? Anybody have any better ideas they want to share? I'm all ears....

Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

The actually being underwater part makes it a little tricky. If the body is going to be thrashing, water is going to be spilling everywhere and the last thing you want is a slip hazard. With that said, I don't think you necessarily need the water. And if you don't use water, save your money and use a person instead.

If you want to use water for sure though, what I'm thinking is use a static prop instead, but don't have it laying down in the water. Have you seen the original Halloween II? Michael Myers kills someone in a hot tub sort of thing but holding their head under, but their body was out, so when they died the body was limp hanging over the tub with just their head under water. Maybe you could do that and dye the water red with blood sprayed on the back wall to make it look like their throat was slit. I'm not big into gore, but if you're doing a scene like that, that's what I would do.

It's hard to give suggestions without knowing a lot of criteria - like budget and the feel you want in the scene... So that's what I've got!
    Bryce Ring
    Co-owner/ Designer
    Twisted Realms Haunted House

Comment

Ideas

I drew up plans to have a body floating inside a fish tank that was in dark green watter. The drawing had a safe tank for the mechanics submerged inside. Not sure if that would be what your looking for but if it is let me know I will take a picture of the drawning and post it.
      Also, I have a drawing (drawing are all in my black book) of an actor inside a tub covered with soap-suds. She/he was not actually laying down, but crouching instead. When people were to walk past, the actor would stand up for the scare. -There should be fake legs and maybe feet showing above the suds so no one know the actor can stand. The suds are on top of either a 4 inch tank of water (inside the tub), where the actor can hide under, or the suds can just be fake on a sheet of plywood. This might be better, as when the actor stands up, they can easily stand on the plywood for extra hieght.
      Hope this triggers your imagination some.
      RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
      http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

Buck,
        I think you can use a shower door that is actually a 1" thick water tank. Made of clear acrylic. you could see the prop behind it, and the water line above would make it seem like it was under water. Even a bubble screen in the tank could help sell it. If you end up with a real submerged tank, you will need a silicone skin as Latex rots quickly under water. And a fiberglass body would be ideal- the standard foam has a ton of disadvantages when water is in the mix.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
        X