Prosthetic Makeup Classes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prosthetic Makeup Classes?

Hello all! We have been considering the idea of having a traveling Prosthetics makeup class in the vein of Wolfe Bros.
    face painting seminars that go to the major expos and conventions. Since Nick and Brian always schedule thier classes
    after tradeshows, we thought our class could be before the shows so as not to step on the toes of our freinds,
    the Wolfe Bros.

Our idea is to bring our Hollywood training and experience to everyone who has interest. This would be a 2 day "hands-on"
    class and would cover basic to advanced application, coloring and removal. Our idea is to show how to use small appliances,
    like noses all the way up to multiple piece prosthetics.

We really need your feedback as this will be quite a costly start up to get off the ground. PLEASE post your comments,ideas
    and suggestions, good or bad, so we can get a feel if this is feasible or not. We don't know what class costs would be yet but
    we would make sure it was affordable and worth every penny.

If your not familiar with me or our company, Visit our website at : www.BoneyardFx.com I have been teaching makeup classes for
    over 11 years and work with Haunted Media Dvd magazine as thier Makeup instructor.

We would love to get feedback from EVERYONE here about this proposal.

Thanks for any input! Regards, Larry Bones - Bone Yard Effects, Inc.

Location? I know Wolfe Bros. travel around... any chance you'll come to the northern Ky./Cincinnati area? I know my college would love to host the class here for the "make-up artist in trainning"... our chairman has talked to me about bringing in more advanced classes/workshops. -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We could add any location as long as we had enough warm bodies in the seats to make it worth it. The traveling class room seems to be a valid idea, but we need to see if theres enough interest in concept to make it a reality. Larry

Comment

Larry,
        I would be interested. Maybe a 1 day class would be easier for more people to devote their time to. At most of the conventions people usually tour the area haunts the days before the show and I don't know if they would want to spend 2 full days at a class ( that's just me though). How much money do you think these classes would run?

On a side note/question, do you offer classes at your place now? I know a group of around 50 local haunters ( all so cal )that would probably be interested in a group class.

Thanks,
        Braden
        www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

great idea there ar many new haunted houses in utah and im sure we would all love for you to come down! or up? lol how much would the cost to take the classes be?

Comment

great idea there ar many new haunted houses in utah and im sure we would all love for you to come down! or up? lol how much would the cost to take the classes be?

Comment

I'd be interested.... I learned WAY more than I thought I would with the Wolfe Bros. class. It just exceeded what I expected in every way. And I expected it to be a great class.... These kind of opportunities are great for skill building and worth the travel if they are within a days drive..... consider me signed up if its within driving time of Chicago....
              http://www.innerfears.com/
              http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Braden,
                I had thought of the haunt tours that go on before the shows, but thats really the only time it could be pulled off. 1 day just isn't enough time to cover the subject. Actually 2 days isn't much time either. We haven't figured out the cost, but I would estimate it to be approx. $400 for both days and you would get to keep all your tools afterwords. We would only allow 50 people in each class so you get more personal attention.

We do not currently have classes at our studio, although there seems to be interest in that as well.

Thanks and keep those comments coming! Larry

Comment

Larry, Great idea, Ive actually kicked it around myself a time or two, good Luck with it!!!!
                  off topic but Ive been meaning to contact you for awhile now about it, do you custom make your own plastiformed faces or do you have a supplier for them, I make slip pieces and need Vacufaces and cant find them anywhere for packaging............. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Thanks! We haven't decided to go ahead with it yet. I want to hear form more people and still have to look into the logisitics of it all, including room rental, insurance, advertisement, etc.

We do run all Vacuforms in house. We originally looked into having a plastics company do it for us, but it was to expensive for our product line.

Larry

Comment

Well, this brings another question to mind....
                      Interested in doing some forms for others?
                      Thanks, Jeff
                      www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                      www.HauntForum.com
                      www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

I kind of figured thats where you were going. Unfortunately, every vacuform made has a prosthetic waiting to make it's home there.

We're looking into a much larger machine later this year so we can offer vacuform services, but it's not in the cards at this time.

The machine we use is premade and you can buy one for your company. I'll email you the info if your interested. Sorry I couldn't help! Larry

Comment

That would be very appreciated Larry!
                          Thanks, Jeff
                          www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                          www.HauntForum.com
                          www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Here are some plans for a homemade vacumn form table from Ralis Khan.
                            http://www.halloweenfear.com/vacuumformintro.html

Comment

Jeff,
                              Heres a link to the table we've been using for years. This little sucker (no pun intended) has put out thousands of pieces without any problems other than having to replace the seals every couple of years. I highly recommend it! Larry

http://www.iasco-tesco.com/cat55/index.htm

Oh, almost forgot. It's on page 15.

Comment

Working...
                              X