Microsoft Visio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Visio

Has anyone used this to build floorplans or even blueprints for props?

I'm thinking about getting it for that, just wondering if anyone has used it and any feedback...

Thanks
    escaperoompittsburghpa.com

no idea there, am with Turbocad...
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

If you want performance , first lose all the extra weight, lop off the fins, before putting a turbo on your Cad.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I have thought about it but haven't yet. I have used Visio for retail planning in the past and I think applying it to a haunt would be great.

Comment

I would highly suggest you check out Google’s SketchUp. I highly suggest everyone here check it out.

It is a FREE 2D-3D modeling/design program that Google now owns. You can download tons of free video tutorials and it is extremely easy to learn. There is a pro version you can purchase, but the fee version has everything you really need for our line of work.

http://www.sketchup.com/

After two hours of messing around with it, I completely 3D modeled our new workshop precisely (cabinets, work benches, tool boxes, lighting, etc.) I use it to design everything we do and then during build we simply run to the laptop to grab dimensions and make cuts. Anyone on our team can design something and we all can use SketchUp to build it exactly as the other guy planned. It is an awesome too!
          "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"
          - Henry David Thoreau

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."
          - Mel Brooks

Comment

Missed an 'r'... the Free version has everything you need!
            "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"
            - Henry David Thoreau

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."
            - Mel Brooks

Comment

Working...
            X