Anyone buy from Edge Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone buy from Edge Design

Has anybody bought any thing from Edge Design lately. I purchased a prop from him on the forum the othter day and also wanted some other stuff he makes but he won't call me back. He told me he would call me the next day and give me his paypal info. but never did. I have been trying to get a hold of Matt by email, PM and the phone but have not heard anything. He listed another the other day while I was online and I tried again instantly but no reponse. Is this normal for these guys, If you cant even get a hold of them to pay, how about when you need your product. The crazy thing is I still want the item but can't seem to pay for it? Any info you have will be helpfull. They make some nice looking props and I just want to know if this is someone I should just stay away from.

Phatman
    Phatman

Just an update no word from Matt Marich yet but now the phone number on his web site is turned not in service and his cell phone just hangs up on you. Does anybody know if he is still in business? I have heard of some issues in the past but never having problems giving someone money.

Phatman
    Phatman

Comment

Take this as a sign! I wouldn't give the guy a dime.
      Zach Wiechmann
      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I saw some of his animatronic posting and wanted to buy one of them, but I get nervous buying from anyone who posts strictly on the trading board and isn't overly established....i know edge designs was somewhat reputable a couple years ago when he made that evil animatronic house facade that did pretty well (I hope I'm talking about the right Matt) but I would take it as a sign like Zach said, if you can't even give him money how can you know he will give you the product?? That seems sketchy buddy.

Comment

I looked at his stuff at TW but heard rumors that he was out of business this last summer on the fright forum. Don't know I will have to see if I can get someone else to build it.
          Phatman

Comment

I did

If you a referring about Edge Design from Phoenix Az. I purchased the clown bike at Transworld. Was supposed to be delivered to me by beginning of September. Received it middle of October after several phone calls and emails. Very hard to get a hold of. I have some different phone numbers of the company if you are interested. email me at kjberg1@gmail .com for more info.

Comment

Edge designs reply

Austin, You ar completely wrong here, I told you that seven people replied to that sale. You called and assumed, you had been the first. I told you I had to decide whom got the offer. It wasnt you, Mark Roberts replied first and therefore won the race. I'm sorry for your innconvienience, but please as all Haunters do, don't race for a stupid decision about me, includeding you Zach, Bobby, and the rest. You can get on here and do more damage to someone with your keyboard than you will ever know. Its why this gross opinion of vendors exists. I wouldn't even bother to reply to this crap about going out of business with you folks.But someday someone will get a lawsuit handed to them regarding slander. We are in fact moving to a larger building, as of Jan. 1, 2013. No I'm not a herion addicict, I am in fact a religous person of Catholic Persuasion, and in regards to the clown bikes, we purchased them from Walmart, they own the rights to this model. They where out after Transworld and we waited. A shipment arrived and we received several of them damaged, in fact Walmart didn't even let us see them. We had to wait again. All this time we had all the fabrication work completed to be bolted on. Everyday the parts we make are there waiting for the bikes. It is in fact that you request these to be shipped in Late AugustSept. at time of purchase. You also only pay 50%, correct? Thats right, we only bill the balance at time of shipment. Most of the time buyers have maxed out their cards by then, leaving Ann to chase people down for new cards or form of payment. If I had a dollar for evry one of you that owes us money for being nice I'd be living in Pismo Beach with Bugs and Daffy. Isnt that right Headless Horsemen, Scott from Scarehouse, and Shane, whom negotiated his shipping down to $ 199.00, then didn't pay that either.Bobby I think you have purchased from us before, the others I've never heard of you. Forgive me if you have. It's alway's a couple piss ants that want to show you how your 35,000.00 investment in doing Transworld and building new product for you to copy is misinterpeted. Get your facts straight, pay your fucking bills, know your vendors, talk to them, we don't always get it right, we try, and we love feedeback, especially now after the season. We have so much time after the March show folks, non of us start out to fail, nor want you to mistrust us. Stop this cycle of crap, brought on by a few bad vendors. If I find the asshole that was spreading rumors about me, step up, I sware to God that I will lay your ass out and put your mangled body on a stretcher.
              I for one, will not attend TW this year, why? no not for any other reason that I beleive TW does not have our backs, in fact have been screwing us for years, and it is in fact on paper. Ask Doug at Fright Props, the dirt he uncovered should settle this discussion. We are moving into a new direction, with investment dollars and a new product debueing at IAPPA 2013. Yes its Haunt Oriented, butm I've been working on this for years. Years? I started in this business in 1976, before most of you. I'm 54 now, and looking to reduce the load a bit. After being involved in, or owning about 15 Haunts, I can safely call myself an expert.
              Be good to each other, your a small interest group really, TW has only about 100 real buyers. But about 2,000 looky loos. However, support them so you can all get together and really mix it up, wiothout them, your nothing. Your so lucky to have an industry, when I started all we had was Morris and the fantastic itgemsfrom Ed and Marcia..revil in it. It's a magic time, so much cool technology. We didn't even hve event timers, we made our own from Radio Shack plans.
              We will return some day to TW, but this damaging heresay is to much for Ann and I to bare, we love everyone, and it truly hurts when I see this, especially for her, she works so hard to know each of you personally.
              So long for now, stop chasing teenagers with chain saws, try using a sonic care toothbrush.
              Last edited by Matt Marich; 12-17-2012, 10:53 AM.
              Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

I am not wrong

You should check your facts Matt. I was the first of the seven and you sent me an email stating that if you want to keep making false statement then bring it on. I do not take kindly to someone saying things like this and will fight you in court if you do it again. I am sorry about what is going on in your life right now, but that does not give you the right to act this way. I have received 8 emails or PMs stating all kinds of story's about you and they may not be true, but could they all be false. I have spent over $30,000 since you sold me the prop, but that is your loss. If you remember I was going to buy a whole list of things from you and help you out with lowering your cost on some by giving my guys name for roto-casting. Well I guess this is the end of this for me and hope you do recover from the bad reputation that you caused by not calling people back. And if you make anymore statements about me I will just warn you I don't play fair, I play to win at all cost.

Phatman
                Phatman

Comment

Do yourselves a favor. Forget about what you hear fom others. More then likely not true.

Deal with your exact situation yourselves.

Others tend to bullshit things that are not true. Or

passing what they heard which in most cases comes from someone thats a crook themselves.

I have many examples.

Stew
                  Last edited by Darksidestew; 12-17-2012, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Just for your reference you sent the email to me on 11/19/12 at 10:36pm est. and I responded at 10:44pm est.

Phatman
                    Phatman

Comment

I would ignore it if it were not people that I trust and know saying them.
                      Phatman

Comment

I stand corrected. Good point.
                        I have dealt with people(haunters) that ripped me off and they try turning the tables by spreading shit that I was the crook.
                        Lets face it, almost everyone in this industry has at one point been less then honest even reselling an item that supposed to be mint and you recieve a dirty pile of crap. How many can say this happened to them? ALMOST EVERYONE!
                        Thats why I mostly sit back and watch.

EVERYONE CAN NOT BE TRUSTED IN THIS INDUSTRY! A GOOD GUY TODAY - CAN BE A BAD GUY TOMORROW. SAD

Stew
                        Last edited by Darksidestew; 12-17-2012, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X