picture marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picture marketing

I am looking for a little feedback on picture marketing. My big question is did it pay off? Did you sell sponsorships with it? I am looking for any ideas you can provide.

Thanks
    Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Picture Marketing is a wast of time if you are paying for the service. The only way it is effective is if you have customers take their own photos at a photo op with a visible logo. People are more likely to tag themselves in a photo that they took and uploaded. Let them upload it on the spot rather than have them leave go to your site the next day to sort thru hundreds of photos. Have a full time photographer taking photos all night as well to upload to your Facebook for additional tagging.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We used picture marketing at two different attractions this year.

We paid for the service.

Although people are more likely to tag themselves in photos they took, with the picture marketing service we are able to get thousands of email addresses from the retrieval process that we can market to all year. We do have spots where they can take their own photo and get our logo as well, but I like doing both. The picture marketing service that has been at Transworld the last few years does not force the customer to sort thru hundreds of pictures to find theirs, the card we give them directs that person right to their photo(s), and the retrieval page has several "share" buttons, which posts the picture to facebook, twitter, email, etc.

We have not tried to sell marketing sponsorships to ours yet, but will be for 2013.
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Picture Marketing is a great system that works very well with bringing in new customers, giving customers extra value at your haunt and capturing there emails and other info for remarketing to them for the next season. I've said it on here before in the preseason you pair your Picture Marketing system with costumes like Kevin's ( Gore-Galore ) makes with huge oversized and eye catching creatures. And take it to everything you can Parades, festivals, car shows, anything where there are groups of people, this drive busy about your haunt all season and will keep it fresh in there heads. ( We used it this at Comic Con in Philadelphia and also passed out special coupons. This was in June and we got back about 40 of those coupons this past Oct, not bad for 4 months later but also people were talking about the time they saw our creature and or got there pic with him).

Here's the 2 cents , These camera systems and oversized costumes may look $$$$ at the show but if your willing to put the time into use them to there fullest they will pay off. They don't work on there own , you need to work them.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Terrorknight View Post
          Picture Marketing is a great system that works very well with bringing in new customers, giving customers extra value at your haunt and capturing there emails and other info for remarketing to them for the next season. I've said it on here before in the preseason you pair your Picture Marketing system with costumes like Kevin's ( Gore-Galore ) makes with huge oversized and eye catching creatures. And take it to everything you can Parades, festivals, car shows, anything where there are groups of people, this drive busy about your haunt all season and will keep it fresh in there heads. ( We used it this at Comic Con in Philadelphia and also passed out special coupons. This was in June and we got back about 40 of those coupons this past Oct, not bad for 4 months later but also people were talking about the time they saw our creature and or got there pic with him).

Here's the 2 cents , These camera systems and oversized costumes may look $$$$ at the show but if your willing to put the time into use them to there fullest they will pay off. They don't work on there own , you need to work them.

Robert
          As you can see from this one photo, we utilized a Gore Galore costume and Picture Marketing together. Most of our customers wanted their picture taken with Monkey Bones. The rest got them taken with some of our que line actors.

picturemarketing_monkeybones_billheather.jpg
          Brian Warner

Comment

Frightmare Manor's Picture Marketing

Picture Marketing does serve as a great value addition to your customer. As long as the person you have taking the photos is enthusiastic and conveys to them clearly that it is a FREE photo, they'll perceive it as a GIFT and you'll get a huge redemption rate and a lot of sincere, customer appreciation. I've found that people will post directly to Facebook or Twitter because of the links Picture Marketing integrates too. Personally, our redemption rate is around 85-90% every year. And yes, that means you have a huge database of email addresses of customers. I'm pleased with the service. Here's what mine looked like this year...

picmarketing.jpg

Comment

I'm going to go with thumbs down on this one... we tried it and it didn't produce results for us. I hired someone to take photos and yes the photos look neat, awesome whatever especially when you have someone like Brainstorm make a kick ass frame for those photos. But you can't be fooled by how cool the photos look and think you experienced some instant success. If that camera could simply do nothing but take pictures and you could upload them to your own website or your own facebook heck I'd hire someone to do that just to add content to my pages but it doesn't work that way at all.

Picture Marketing sets up a page for you your customers get a card they go to that site to retrieve their photos... the percentage of people who do is so low its unreal and Picture Marketing wants a fortune for those cards, not to mention paying someone to take the pictures. Is the concept cool... yes its really cool, but 90% of those cards get lost or simply thrown on the ground or just forgotten about. We went through rows and rows of cards and not many people redeemed the photos.

Its a gimmick and its a cool one but unless you have tons of money to spend on nearly every single marketing gimmick out there I would say the time spent and money spent isn't a value for our industry. Someone may disagree and heck maybe I don't understand myself what I was doing but based on what I saw, knowing what I put into it, what it costs, and what the return is I wouldn't do it again.

In fact I have a camera and I'll sell it to someone if you want it.

I would say and I'm right about this that marketing a haunt is getting ever so much harder... there is to much out there now and we have to start to focus on the things that work best and hammer them home. I do not believe this would be one of those tools that will really make a massive impact. A suggestion for this company in my opinion just sell the camera so you can take photos with the frame and upload to your own site without the cards. That I want and would love to have... but the company makes the money when you buy the cards, I can honestly say I'm not buying more cards at least not until there are more results or someone makes me understand how it can be more cost effective.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I would think your photographer was not selling the photos the right way. We have it built into our line so that almost every person gets there picture taken and receives there cards and can be explained how it makes. Our retrieval rates has stayed right around 72% which I feel is a great return rate, and our views per pic are 6.82.

It adds value as line entertainment because they get the chance to act stupid with there friends in a pic and everyone laughs, plus it's a free add on to the ticket. I think you just didn't use the system the right way Larry.

DSC00588.jpgDSC00588.jpg

Comment

You I think are not understanding the conversation... this aren't pictures you sell these are pictures you take and give away for free. I see what you are saying... but this is a different situation. There is a system called picture marketing and you buy a really expensive camera and on top of that you pay to buy these cards then you pay someone to run around take pictures of people and hand out these cards that you scan.

From there... hold on like me take a breath... then the people who get the cards, which mostly never get used go to a site to redeem their photos. It is suppose to help your facebook page get likes, blah, blah... and I'm saying wasn't worth the hassle, the money or the effort. However I liked very much the overall concept but just would rather do away with the cards all together and just take peoples photos, store them in the camera automatically with the frame and i'll upload to facebook. Eliminate all together the cards, but they wouldn't want to do that because they charge a fortune for them, and the redemption rate can't even be a few percent. Not doing it again... waste of time.

If someone makes a camera where it puts the frame in automatically heck I'd buy that in a flash!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Larry are you saying I don't understand the conversation? Because I understand it very well, I own a camera for Picture Marketing and have used it the past 2 years. And the % I wrote in my last post are the % from using there system. I too wish the card weren't so $$$ I feel raped when I buy them, but the system works very well for me.

ShowImageAction-1.do.jpegShowImageAction.do.jpegShowImageAction-1.do.jpegShowImageAction.do.jpeg

Robert

Comment

Real Results

Picture Marketing has an overall photo retrieval rate of 57% in all activations (that's how many people go online to retrieve the photo). We have an average of 72% retrieval rate in our haunted houses and some of our longest running clients have seen up to 85% retrieval rate!!! The key is simple: the haunts that listen to our instruction and suggestions have the highest success rate.

You're killing three birds with one stone here: (1) GIVING AWAY FREE PHOTOS (2) BUILDING YOUR EMAIL DATABASE (3) MARKETING THROUGH THE SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS and the ending result: INCREASING TICKET SALES! I can honestly say that after dealing with the top marketing agencies/brands in the "off-season" who clearly understand the value here (Pepsi, Budweiser, Disney, Cooper Tire, LinkedIn, etc..), it is clear that our top clients in the haunt network are the most current on the latest social media marketing strategies.

We have about 45 haunts currently and growing every week. They come back year after year because they see the value and more importantly THE RESULTS!

Feel free to call me if you have any questions Patsy 949 429 3052

Thanks Guys!!!
                      Pasty Russell
                      Picture Marketing
                      www.picturemarketing.com
                      949-429-3052

Grow Your Social Media with Picture Marketing

Comment

Robert,

I guess what I assumed you where saying was that you are selling photos up front ... I think the overall concept of PI is to use the system to grow facebook likes. So I guess you are saying is that at the front end of your haunt you are taking pictures of people and selling them or something?

So I guess I assumed you had an instant photo system to do just that... how are you using this system to sell photos to people. I wouldn't do that personally, I myself was only interested in growing facebook likes which I did ... I went from 7,000 likes in September to 48,000 but it wasn't through this camera system. I learned what it really takes to grow facebook likes which is a combination of promoting posts and being a very creative writer.

Bottom line is I'm saying the cost of this system, and the cards and everything else and the people you have to pay to do it and everything between .... no I don't think its the way you grow your facebook pages or promote your haunted house.

I do think its cool to have those photos and when and if they share the photo on their facebook that is GREAT that promotes your haunt, but MOST and I mean MOST of the people DO NOT retrieve their photos therefore they don't share them. Now a cheaper way to go would be the following...

Create a great photo op like you have at the entrance or exit of your haunt with your name it and take photos post them to your facebook and tell the people to visit your facebook or website to retrieve the photo. This way it costs you NOTHING!!!! I would do that before I would pay thousands upon thousands of dollars for cards that end up all over the ground ... this is just my opinion.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

I know are retrieval rate is very high, if I am looking at the report right, 91% of our photos taken have been retrieved. We have also gotten more email addresses than pictures taken due to invites, and out of the number of pictures taken, have had 15x that in unique page views of the picture pages. Although I agree I would love to have the cards cheaper, I think the system works great. We are going to try and find a sponsor next year to offset the cost of the system.
                          Brian Warner

Comment

Larry, sent you a PM to buy your camera, looking to buy one

Let me know if you want to sell it or not
                            Brett
                            Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                            Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Larry we are misunderstanding each other some where. I don't sell any photos. I use the PI out at big events like Comic Con , to promote thru out the year and during the season we take there pic give them there card and the get there free pic, and we have a 72% return rate. I don't know why yours was so low , but ours was strong.

I have seen Haunts upload photo's right to there FB pages and I guess thats nice for some people, but i'd rather people like our page because they like our haunt not because i force them to like us to go thru tons of pics to find there needle in the haystack. If I had to do that the place would just piss me off.

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X