Vender/Buyer Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vender/Buyer Issue

Ok I want some feedback. I purchased some items from a vendor. I paid the deposit and requested the shipping be COD ( because I have never done business with this person I have learned ) When they arrived they were damaged it was 3 big items and ALL 3 WERE DAMAGED!!!! I emailed the person and ask if there was insurance ( which I would be sure they did) I was told yes! Ok now the insurance company says there was no insurance purchased but there is standard of up to $300.00 I might and I say MIGHT can get back clearly there is more damage than that. He said now he was never given a choice for additional insurance but when I asked he said YES? I have this in email.

The shipper paid the shipping ( remember I said COD it to me because had it been trashed I would have stopped the check). Now there is an issue because until I am offered something decent should I be the one to lose out on this? I mean he would have got all his money, the shipping company all theirs and me I am stuck paying for it all and just deal with the damaged goods? Does that seem fair? I would think vednors buy insurance I know when I ship I always do. I never want to beat anyone but I also don't feel I should be told well here is up to $300.00 sorry we trashed your crap. Also does the shipper not have a responsibility to be on the phone saying hey you damaged my shit and I paid for this and my customer is not happy? I hate this. I made the option to have my deposit returned I send the crap back, let them fix it and resell it? Can I get some feedback? Shane and it's dang come on!
    sigpic

Was it shipped freight or UPS? I know with freight you are insured based on weight. So if the freight weighed 700lbs you would be covered for about $5000.
    Getting a claim settled with UPS is like pulling teeth.
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

We have had shipments damaged from both a freight carrier and UPS.
      Both rejected paying for the damage regardless that the items were packed well.

Freight:
      A reaper was laid on its side and shipped with the side of the pallet sticking up in the air.
      Armature was bent. Scream cube was crushed.
      And that company took no responsibility for it.
      Sadly, there was no lesson we could learn to prevent this from happening again, other than not ship with this company again.
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Adam

It was fraight yes! I want this to be fair on all sides but the vendor getting all his money, she shipper getting all their money and me stuck with damaged crap and $300.00 aint going to happen this time! And Adam the stuff was actually around 500 or 600 pounds! Shane and it's more feedback?
        sigpic

Comment

It's definitely a major bummer, maybe you can try and get what you can from the shipping company, (i'm sure their legal team is much better than the person you bought the props from). And in the meantime, if you have an artist on the team (assuming these are just aesthetic damages) and have the company you bought the props from send a "mini repair kit" of what is needed to fix the damages, and have that artist or person with most experience on staff work with the prop company to try and repair.

It's not ideal, but this way everyone takes a little hit evenly, as there really isn't one direct finger to blame (well..there is..but you can't really beat the shipping company entirely at this point), just take what you can from them, the prop company can earn some good looks by providing the materials and advice needed to repair the items, and you just pay your artist to make the repairs.

If they were smaller items, I'd say the company should just let you return your product, and then send out a new one, but you don't want to risk shipping this again and having it damaged a second time, plus the expense of re-shipping would be just not worth it....

Comment

Ok Then if it was freight you are insured for more then $300. I'm sure you called them (Freight company) to ask already. But if you haven't do so.
            If I were you I would hammer that freight company for damages if they were indeed responsible.
            I know it's a pain but the squeaky wheel does get the grease. it has been proven through Roadrunner.
            sigpic
            PEACE, ADAM
            www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Adam

The fright company told me $300.00 would be the max. It's stupid I sent all the photos, I have called and all I get is the run around I was even ask point blank if I purchased insurance and was told the benifits from doing so WTF? Bottom line we all gonna lose not just 1 person! Shane and it's what a mess!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X