• Haunted House Building Collapses

http://www.centralkynews.com/theinte...tory?track=rss
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Glad this didn't happen during the season that would have been tragic... I think this building gives a new word to the meaning 'an old building'. If you look through the photos you can see haunted house wall panels and stuff among the rubble. I hope these guys had insurance and can rebuild their haunt in a new building. From looking at their website http://www.hustonvillehh.com/townHistory/ it looks to me like a cool haunt!

Love to hear some news about this haunt rebuilding in a new location. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Unfortunate!

But at least it fell when no one was around or could of got hurt. Liked there wall of shame on there website. Unique Idea!
      Damon
      www.frightmasters.weebly.com
      Damon Carson

Comment

A lot of "That" has been going "around"!

Seven miles East of me in Lanark, Ill. a brick, corner building fell down last Summer. 20 miles south of us another brick building fell down in the town of Morrison,it was a 4 or 5 story building right next to very busy high-speed railroad tracks and a block from a very busy old highway Rt, 30 , vibration may habe helped it to fall... Just a block away from me in this town there are presently large beams at a 45 degree angle supporting the outside of west wall of a brick corner building, but that building's west wall has had a bulge in it for at least 60 years, but closely photographed evidence shows that it is moving.. slightly.
        The owner of the building is presently in jail for a few more years for his part in a drunk driving wreck that left a Mother of two girls dead.
        All of these buildings share the fact that they were built around 1850 from locally made soft brick. The Hallet Brickyard eventually did go broke because their bricks were so inferior. I was told they never figured out how to build a good kiln, but then looking over your shoulder as the Indians snuck around you may have distracted them some.
        The old brick buildings that hapened to have sloped roofs do seem to do better , but most of them have flat roofs with a slight slope to the back of the building, so leaks happen more often rotting beams, destroying old, soft bricks.
        Across the block from me just the backend of another brick build fell out last Summer and is now re-built with new, modern, hard bricks, I know the contractor lost money doing that job because the labor was so hard to figure in advance, along with crane rental hours...
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Falling in

Or Falling down whatever you want to call it. Most of the downtown area here has been falling down over the years. Some empty lots where buildings once stood. One buildings side collapsed that housed apartments for mexicans that a local employer brought in and housed! Instant sunroof! Rumor was they still wanted to stay! Pretty bad but most of the buildings in the downtown area date back to early 1900's maybe a few before. This haunted house posted I guess went back that far. No wonder it was falling down. And if a little rain made it tumble I sure wouldnt of wanted to be in it! Maybe this guy should post his own pic on his own wall of shame!
          Damon
          www.frightmasters.weebly.com
          Damon Carson

Comment

little pig's house made of brick won the battle with big bad wolf? all bricks were newer when that story was written.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X