This is HORRIBLE ... Time for a Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is HORRIBLE ... Time for a Change

This is SICK and an OUTRAGE... time for serious gun control laws! Guns killing school children, people on our streets, its time to control guns! I'm sorry this isn't a haunted themed post but I'm totally sickened! http://gma.yahoo.com/breaking-conn-s...opstories.html

Imagine someone coming to your haunt and just blasting away... guns need to be controlled!

I'm about to vomit I'm so disturbed by this!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

It's not the guns. It's the people behind the guns. Right now all my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims families. Horrible day for all of us, especially those who have children.

Comment

The school psychologist is a family friend, not someone I interacted with recently but my parents knew her well, and were still hoping she hasn't passed. It hasn't been officially confirmed yet, other than she was shot.

However, it is NOT the guns fault. I want LOOSENED gun laws because of incidents like this. If a crazy psycho wants a gun he'll get a gun! It's disgusting to want tighter gun control law, it should be the total opposite! Make things fair! There's a reason you don't mess with texas! To have stricter gun laws is STUPID. End of story. And this is coming from someone who's family has been affected by this and I don't hunt and am not a redneck, lol, but I do skeet and am a pretty good shot, those bastards who shot those kids and staff wouldn't have had time to fire if I was there!

Comment

Two things-

First, I don't come here to delve into the problems of humanity and I wish this place was kept free of it, and I am barely able to make this post because I too am sick over it, but since you managed to make some crazy statement that affects us all I am.

Second, what the hell are you talking about?! Gun control? You mean enacting strict laws that prohibit some and restrict others from ownership- like we are already doing? Or do you mean enacting strict punishment for those that use firearms in a crime- like we are already doing? Or do you mean weapon confiscation from everyone? Gun control... HA! Or are you just venting?

Sorry if this hits you in the face, but those that cannot control themselves need someone else to do it for them, right?

-sick!
        How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Yes Americans have been TRAINED by the gun industry to teach people guns don't kill... but the gun industry has immunity from the Government for lawsuits even though it has been proven time and time again the they sell their guns to dealers who have track records of selling guns under the table, or oddly enough have lots of guns stolen or worst selling guns to people who shouldn't get them. Not to mention they fight for peoples rights to own guns people don't need like assault weapons, semi automatic guns, and stock pile 1000's of rounds of ammo... I'm sorry this country and guns its nuts. In England you can't have a weapon and you don't see people running around there and kill school children.

What we need is to allow everyone to who is not a criminal to carry guns like the old west, or no one to carry them at all. When you talk gun control you can even go into things like if a criminal is caught with a weapon its an automatic 5 years in jail like automatic, limit how much ammo you can have, or how many guns you can have in your house, or what types of guns, and or simply put let every law abiding person carry a concealed weapon so when these idiots try this stuff we can all blow them away.

What happened today, what happened just a few days ago, what happened in Colorado multiple times, and what seems to be happening like non-stop is deranged people get their hands on guns, tons of ammo and go around blowing people away and now we enter a school and kill 20 small children. This is out of control!

I got a question who is packing when you run your haunt... I've never carried a weapon at my haunt but now I think I should. I probably need a bullet proof vest to go with it.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Gun laws....

Don't mean crap to the psychos using them for crimes and murder - Sure you can take away all the guns.....then they will just find some other way to wipe out people - like bombs. Laws only work for those willing to abide by them.....and I highly doubt some deranged psycho is going to stop and go "Oh maybe I should rethink this because it's illegal"

Comment

Also take a minute to google "england Shooting Spree" and then tell us that shooting's don't happen in England - Here is just one example for you: http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe...ngs/index.html

Comment

For the record...

A man in China went into a school and was shanking the children. This happened today with a knife. Crazed lunatics will do what they want even if they don't have a gun... it's the deranged people that do these acts, not the weapon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1..._hp_ref=canada

Comment

Yes you are correct about England it happened like one time in a zillion years... this has happened already in this country like 10 or 12 times this year alone. This doesn't happen in Sweeden, France, Finland, blah, blah... they have gun control laws.

You can't say because it happened once here or there that its the norm there... here its the norm.

Did you know more people die from guns crimes in America than every country in the WORLD COMBINED! If that doesn't tell you there is a problem you are mentally ill!

I'm not saying I know what the answer is because I don't... I'm saying it needs to be debated and acted on something that can curb this non-stop violence. Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Here is a cool article of mass killing sprees just this year ALONE...

http://news.yahoo.com/tiimeline-majo...185007308.html

This doesn't include the 20,000 or so people who will die this year in gun crimes.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

What's more interesting is how he got in the school. Schools in CT are always locked and the entrance at least has a camera and buzzer system.

Comment

Yes but again.....it comes down to those who will abide by the law....and those who do not. Sure guns laws work great for those that will abide by them - it has been proven time and time again people who are intent on killing others will find a way to do it, knives, bombs, hell even recently a bow was used......I didn't see anything about controlling bow usage.

No one knows how to stop these things - laws may curb a few incidents but if someone is set on destroying other peoples lives they will find a way.

Comment

There are now words for what has happened today. We have lost precious little souls to heaven. My husband is a police officer. I can telly you that almost 100% of the guns that are used in crimes at least in his area are stolen. We have the right to bear arms to take up weapons to defend ourselves and our property. I do not ever want that right taken away from me. We, meaning myself and my family, have come by our weapons legally but I will tell you if they are taken away the criminals will still have theirs. They come by their weapons illegally. Why would I want a criminal to know that I have no way to defend myself. I say HELL NO! I will tell you if someone breaks into my house or pulls a weapon on an innocent person and I have a gun on me I will shoot them. I am so angry right now I just don't know what to do. That's all I have.

Sue
                          http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

As a father I feel so so so sad for those parents who lost a child today. This is really tragic! I would do anything to have predicted this and done something about it. My day was totally ruined! I can't believe someone would do this! Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Larry, I completely share your anger, sorrow and a dozen other emotions that cannot be processed. I would like to share with you my experience on the subject of guns. Being a firearms instructor and a personal self-defense instructor, I have literally spent thousands of hours studying the subject of active shooter scenarios. I have spoken to tactical team members from Columbine, and I have interviewed more victims of violent crime than I can remember. I will try to refrain from political points of view and only share with you what I have learned. In every single case that there has been an active shooter scenario in the United States the shooter either killed himself or gave up the minute that they were confronted with resistance. The most valuable information that I have obtained from this morbid study, is that if you want to live, your best chance is to immediately resist. In situations that there was no resistance the body count usually averages 3 to 5 fatalities per minute. I have also learned that in almost every case the shooter chooses a place where possession of weapons is prohibited. You never hear about an active shooter scenario in a police station, or at a gun show. These people are generally cowards and will not commit their heinous acts in a place that there would be resistance. If the 2nd amendment were ever repealed, guns would not magically disappear; any more than illegal drugs have disappeared. Those who wish to obtain guns and harm other people will still be able to get them. The difference is that instead of schools being safe havens for active shooters, the whole country would become a potential killing field. A much more effective solution to school shootings would be to place armed people in the school. This could mean police, this could mean school staff. The most effective way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to have a good guy with a gun. Guns are a useful tool. They are what enable a 120 lb. woman a fighting chance against a 200 lb. rapist. They can take credit for the very existence of the freest nation that has ever existed in the history of man. Lastly, I would like to caution everyone to keep their emotions in check and to be careful of what you wish for. If there is ever an attempt to take guns from law abiding citizens, it would mean a blood bath on our own soil that has not been seen since the Civil War. There are at least 15 million gun owners that would die, face down in a pile of brass before they would surrender their guns. You can say that is crazy, and you can pretend that it is just macho posturing, but it is a fact. You also might think that you would not be affected, but it would affect everyone in the country. Before anyone vents about what should or should not be done, they need to educate themselves about the problem, and weigh the consequences of the decision.
                              www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Working...
                              X