Well shuzbutt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well shuzbutt...

Wife says I cant buy big props at Transworld this year. Closing deal on a BIG tractor. She about fainted when I said I'm dropping $70,000 for a 21 year old tractor. She was not amused when I said; "But honey; I'm saving about $180,000 off the price of a new one that size. " in a mocking/fun voice like she used on me the other day telling me how much she saved by buying big bag of chocolate. Anybody else get the eye roll routine from spouse on a big purchase? She is great actually...and trusts my decisions. Of course adding "Yeah I have had the other tractor one more year than I have had you....time to trade the old girl in on a newer model." was pushing it.

And if one of those tracked beauties from Gore Galore "speaks to me" at Transworld she will forgive me.....I think.

Wicked Farmer

I'll talk to her.
    I'm sure that won't blow up in my face.
    Just like it never does with my wife LOL.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Older tractors are easier to work on and run just as well as newer models...
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

That they are Badger....

And this one is a beauty. Know the farm it came from a few miles away. Know the guys who have serviced it. And know this models quirks ($$$$$$ to repair quirks) have already been done. It should last me another 20 years easy. Oh...this 21 year old tractor will be newest tractor on the farm. I DO NOT have any junk....even with a few 40 year old tractors. Can't afford to tinker on equipment when it is time to GO GO GO. Fall 2013 after people go home from the haunt at night I'll be ripping up ground with this baby all night long.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

This may work to my advantage. I just got a small John Deere 1070 and by comparisson I saved a lot. Maybe now the wife will let me splurge at Transworld.
          Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

You guys are men of your household, you don't need permission! Man up and get you some props!

Jake

Comment

Uh-0h Deathwing...

Couldn't hear all the Mrs. said as she was walking away; but I think I heard the words "Brokenwing" and 'If I (she) goes to transworld".

Wicked farmer

Comment

No not really..

She said nothing of the kind. I AM a blessed man. I actually do not have to be afraid to man up and make decisions. I drop things like a $72,000 purchase on her and she has gotten to the point where she still flinches....HECK I FLINCH at dropping $$$ like that....but never questions my choices. She has learned I think through stuff well enough to have total confidence in me.

Comment

Man look at all the purses

My wife has come up with this idea that if I spend $1000 for a prop, she can spend $1000 on a purse! Or two purses! Now I have to double my budget on everything! How is this fair??
                  Travis "Big T" Russell
                  President
                  Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Wicked, I too am blessed. My wife has been my biggest supporter from when this was a hobby gone nuts to our 10th year doing haunts professionally
                    Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Hey Kevin...

I think Travis needs a receipt to show his wife that those big costumes are only $400. "wink wink". Maybe $1000 on a rail system prop.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Model and all

Guess the model that came with the costume was extra??? Damn and I thought she was customer service!!
                        Travis "Big T" Russell
                        President
                        Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

I don't know about manning up, a few years ago I got some new camera equipment and went way over board. When your wife finds several camera lenses that are about 3' long and it slipped your mind to tell her about it, it not a good thing. Came home and found all my camera stuff on the dining room table and her standing there. All she said was you owe me $35,000. She figured that I spent had spent that over the last year that she should get something new too. After one of those conversations that you just have no way of winning, you just have to submit. A week later I figured to make it up to her with a suprise and brought home a new mustang gt convertible. I told her I would buy her the car years before when she got stuck the mom-mobile for years while the kids were growing up. Don't mind manning up but damm my wife is usually right and that doesn't go we'll with maning up.

Phatman
                          Phatman

Comment

Oh heck yes....

....when you man up you must make sure you are in the right or Ok. To do so otherwise ...you might as well head over to a local pig farmer and bring some iodine for the surgery.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I know you know what I'm talking about WF, it's to cold here in Michigan to be in the dog house.

Phatman
                              Phatman

Comment

Working...
                              X