Dead House Designs New Effects Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant!

This would be great for giving out back story for a haunt or even reading off the rules .....and if you have some jackoff in the crowd making it hard for others to hear you could call them out .....it such a better idea than having your customers watch a TV for this
    this has so much potential you just need to think a lil deeper into it...........
    Last edited by Twiztedfaces; 01-09-2013, 10:41 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

This definitely has fascinating possibilities.

C.

Comment

This is LIKE a puppet, but just think about how much further this takes the concept! The animated "puppet" can be almost ANYTHING. A zombie with a complete hole through its chest, HALF of a walking corpse, a giant made of branches, a dragon... ANYTHING that can be created in the digital world. And if you put your "puppeteer" actor in a position to see/hear your guests, just imagine the interactivity that is possible! A floating witch torso that can ask your guest why he wore that awful shirt. An animated skeleton that can call out a guest's name! The animated "puppet" could even feasibly point at guests, or towards objects of interest... in REAL TIME. This IS a leap forward in entertainment technology. Disney has invested heavily in this same type of technology over the past few years, and they use it at their parks, to great effect. This is the future. Its uses are only limited by your imagination.
        Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Free Advice

Im with the haunt owners perspective. How bout you reverse what it does if possible. Cut out the actor! If this is at all possible or not. But how bout a monster or character used w the kinect that could react with the customers movements? They step back it moves forward at them. They dont run it does something interactive like appears to tiptoe or sneak up on them. Something a bit more interactive and realistic. And saves the haunt owner an actor or two?! Just a thought.
          Damon
          www.frightmasters.weebly.com
          Damon Carson

Comment

All of the above

It can do all three. You can have an actor running it real time. You can pre-record motions and play them back. And you could turn it around and point it at the crowd and let them have fun with it.

Our job isn't to tell you what to do with it or how to use it. Our job is to provide a platform that offers as much freedom as we can reasonably cram into it and then let your imaginations run wild.

Trust me guys your suggestions are being heard. We will incorporate as much of them as possible within the constraints of time and resources. We really hope this is an effect guests can enjoy and will give you as an operator/owner a new tool with which to tell your story.

DHD

Comment

Good deal! I think you guys are really creative but I'd like to see you guys hit a home run with something. The one thing I told Patrick Magee many years ago ... keep in mind he's probably the best sculptor in this entire industry. I told him that he's too creative he just hops over peoples heads. You can't make things at least if you want to sell them, you can't make things that you like you have to make stuff for the people who will buy them. The mass majority of haunts are what? They use what? They do what?

Then its what is the average they are willing to spend what are their constraints... you factor all this in and spit out the product.

You don't want to get so creative you pass the market by... you guys have some serious talent I believe! Just figure out what the majority of the industry would want first and foremost.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
              X