Night Vision Goggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJ Productions
    Within fifteen minutes or so you gain your night vision. So keep your actors in a night environment. Use a red light if they have to see something. Blast your customer’s eyes with a very bright light in the room prior to the black maze. Now their eyes are over sensitized, think of when you walk inside your house from the bright sunlight, you can’t see anything for awhile!

We did this with a small black maze that dumped into a large empty room. The customers fumbled around looking for the next wall, the actor could walk right up, whisper in their ear! They would lead people around “the exit’s over here…no it’s over here..” It was actually quite fun and MUCH cheaper than using expensive night goggles that have the possibility of not even lasting the first week!!
    Does that really work? What if you have an actor that needs to go to the bathroom and needs a floater to take their place? With customers constantly coming, that floater has no time to get use to the darkness and neither will the original actor that comes back. What's to be done then?

Comment

IF it's a black maze chances are you will have one than one actor. It only takes about 15 minutes or so before they are acclamated enough. Remember you want to blind your customers before they enter the area so it may not have to be that dark an area for your actors to function in.
      If necessary do the pirate thing!

It would go like this, I'm the breaker. fifteen minutes or so before I break you I put an eye patch on. The protected eye developes night vision. To break you I switch the patch to the unprotected eye, so I'm seeing with night vision, the "bright" eye goes into night protection. You as the actor do the opposite you put an eye patch on, go to break. The eye patch keeps one eye protected to retain night vision. When you return from break you switch eyes with the patch so you can function in the room and your other eye gets fifteen minutes to recover its night vision then you remove the patch until the next break.

The trick is to keep dialating your customer's eyes. I used to walk my maze and note the place where my eyes started to gain night vision. At that point I would add a light effect, either a strobe light or a bright light on a switch. Add a horn and you have a nice startle effect that removes their might vision for the remained of your maze.

It's really simple, everyone developes night vision, protect your actor's night vision, screw up your customer's!! One other point, women usually develop night vison quicker than guys!

Good luck.

Rich
      R&J Productions
      Las Vegas, NV
      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Bright sudden lights in a dark room will "blind" the customer as a loud noise will deafen them, but a flat shovel quickly to the back of their head covers all the bases quite efficiently.
        When the come to have a little twerp dressed as a space alien holding a plastic ray gun and have him say, "Don't try that again, I only had the gun set for intermeadiate stun that time."
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I'm not sure I wouls use the term floater and going on bathroom break in the same phrase. I'm not here so here's Mr. Handy the Christmas Poo!
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Working...
          X