No announcement yet.

Interning in the industry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you could learn a lot by watching their videos and touring their haunt. But at the shows I think you learn how many jäger bombs it takes to get drunk enough to dance shirtless in top the zombie army bus.

DA
    Last edited by Darkangel; 01-03-2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

so what your saying is the zombie army is great entertainment on and off the field.....

sounds so much better don't u think ???

your not hardcore if you don't live hardcore ...

i suggest taking notes

in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
      www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

That does sound better Tim and I agree with you.
        Sometimes people should think about what they post, how they word it, and the fact that they are talking about another human being. Keyboards offer way too much cover. I don't know the Zombie Army people very well, but they always make me laugh, they are always friendly when I see them, they have a good time where ever they go, and they are obviously very talented. I don't see a problem.
        www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

They are not my cup of tea but they do their thing and have fun doing it. I don't see any harm in that. I don't like country music but I don't go saying crap about it. Well maybe that Billy Ray Cirus guy, but that was an isolated incident and I was drunk at the time. Live, love and have a little fun.

Phatman
          Phatman

Comment

I know the Zombie Army and they are great folks. They do a lot of interesting projects including special events, haunts and film production. On the surface it may seem like they are a bunch of crazy drinkers but they know exactly what they are doing. Yes they like to have fun but don't under estimate the creativity and ability of the group. Most of what you guys think is going on is a facade - I have seen a lot of other folks over the years at the conventions who cannot handle too much fun.... not these guys. Get to know them and what they do and I think you would be impressed.

Thanks!
            Ben Armstrong
            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
            www.Fearworld.com
            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Just saw your post Tim... I wish they would make that movie! Saw that trailer a few years ago... Cool stuff!
              Ben Armstrong
              www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Soooo, it's a good thing to be known as a wild drinker? Partying half naked and posting pics being proud of it is good? Ok my mistake I realize the world is changing but I was under the impression grown ass people who claim professionalism carrying on like frat boys under the legal age was frowned upon. My mistake. But the videos do look cool I hope to see more of their haunt and less of the party bus antics.

DA

Comment

I don't know about exactly what drunken videos or photos you are speaking of but I do feel fairly certain there have been haunters not in the group who have hung around the Zombie Army who maybe got a little too wrapped up in the party... Every Transworld, ..or more accurately every Haunt gathering we always seem to see a couple of our peers who hit the booze a little too hard. Go down to the bar at 2AM and be prepared for eye openers at any convention often from well known industry folks from whom you would never expect that sort of thing. ... I think some of what folks are seeing is more of a performance than a reality at least from most of the Zombie Army members. IMO

Thanks!
                  Ben Armstrong
                  www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Ben

I think Dark talking about MHC videos and packing 100 people in a short bus for 15 people LOL. I agree with Ben it happens some more than others though lol. I mean if I could leave it out of my party I would I DONT DRINK! But they want it and so I have to have it I am one of the few that's not drinking. But they do that at my party. I get my laughs and buzz off my friends and hanging out with them if they want booze thats them. I will say this there have been more than one time I have got up because they went from being drunk to just crying babies or smart asses. Shane and oh well to each his own! I play my way and let everyone else play theirs!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                      I think Dark talking about MHC videos and packing 100 people in a short bus for 15 people LOL. I agree with Ben it happens some more than others though lol. I mean if I could leave it out of my party I would I DONT DRINK! But they want it and so I have to have it I am one of the few that's not drinking. But they do that at my party. I get my laughs and buzz off my friends and hanging out with them if they want booze thats them. I will say this there have been more than one time I have got up because they went from being drunk to just crying babies or smart asses. Shane and oh well to each his own! I play my way and let everyone else play theirs!
                      Right on Shane. I do enjoy a beer here and there but when it's at the forefront of every gathering it's pretty unfortunate. I've seen a lot of people do crazy things when away on conferences and I've seen more than a few jobs lost and marriages end due to drinking. I think that most kids drink like that before they are legal them by the time they reach 21 it's not as important, but some adults like to keep the partying going well into adulthood and its prevalent in this business and reflects poorly on everyone involved. Makes us look like uneducated carnies.

DA

Comment

Dark,
                        Great sentiment for another thread. Lets try to get this one back on track.
                        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                          Dark,
                          Great sentiment for another thread. Lets try to get this one back on track.
                          Allen, was that a typo or did you mean to omit the other guys who were off topic?

DA

Comment

I was terribly polite. I said "lets" that implies more than you. Seek offense to be upset about elsewhere as there is none here. Stay on topic please.
                            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

How many haunts are using the term intern? Would this be a paid or unpaid professional position? Us uneducated carnies just make everyone Vice President of something. Vice President of Pizza, Vice President of extention cords, Vice President of air hoses, Vice President of Clown hair fashions and so on.

I sort of understand using respectful terms, sort of but, the forums seem to be hit regularly now with lots of college people and the terms they have been told. Are these terms being used practically in our real world?
                              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I really like this idea. Not only does it give a young person an opportunity to learn the tricks of the trade, but it helps preserve the spirit of small business. I would also like to know the answer to Greg's question, what would the financial arrangement be?
                                Last edited by Mike Goff; 01-04-2013, 06:02 AM.
                                www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Working...
                                X