Transworld for a New Haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dan,
    Scott from Terrorplex. You need to go to the hauntshow.com website to see all the info about the show. You will need to buy $50 passes to get into the show. Typically if you can send TW a copy of a receipt from a haunt vendor, or flyer, or poster, or DBA document, that will allow you to buy passes. There's a place to register on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by austind View Post
      . I go and enjoy the company of other haunters and get great ideas. Some times you find stuff in the strangest places. Just last year my legs were tired (becuase im fat) and I was out Side TW smoking (tobacco, couldn't get the good stuff)

Phatman
      Good stuff? Really? That's a line that earns us the disrespect of being labeled as "carnies" instead of legitimate business people. Smh

DA

Comment

An experience we will miss this year

Big T Productions Inc will not be attending TW this year, although we have always enjoyed the show. We will miss it this year, but we made a grave mistake last year. We spent a fair amount of money last year traveling to TW and purchasing some really cool stuff. I dont regret what we bought, but we ended up over budget in the end, and I had to make some hard sacrifices in the end to make sure we could open the doors. By hard sacrifices, I mean ponying up several thousands of dollars for things like fencing and other logistical stuff we needed the month before opening.

This year I am tightening the budget and the money I would have spent in lodging, food, gas, and other expenses I will spend with the vendors I have used in the past for specific items, as well as training and actor enhancements.

I think these shows do provide a lot of value, if it is in your budget, but I have to remind myself what that money could have been used for. It forces a different perspective on your budgeting, and you quickly learn about priorities! Hope to be there next year!
        Travis "Big T" Russell
        President
        Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

If you can afford to go, I would say go. The networking is huge and honestly priceless. You can learn so much from other more seasoned people in the haunt community. The props on the floor might inspire a design or a set. I would get all of the information you can, take notes on things you love, and see what fits into your budget and provides the most bang for your buck. Also what might offer great versatility as well. An example is a static prop might look aweome, but a similar costume might provide someone starting out with a bigger bang for your buck as you could wear it in cue lines, parades, etc. The classes are great too. Allen Hopps has one that sounds perfect for new/tight budget haunters that I would LOVE to take.

And the experience alone is amazing!!!
          Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Working...
          X