Oak Island's Claustrophobia Product Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oak Island's Claustrophobia Product Question

We just ordered the Claustrophobia product from Oak Island. Has anyone else used this and do you have any suggestions, feedback, etc.? We are putting this at the end of our attraction and we will be providing an Emergency Exit door just prior to the Claustrophobia entrance. Any insights or input would be greatly appreciated!

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

sure I have seen it.

I believe that "Nightmare on 13th" in Salt Lake City, Ut uses this within their haunt. It is pretty cool, but it really only scares those people that are claustrophobia. I would recommend a good actor at the end of it getting the people that come out of it. I was curious to where they got that. thanks .

Ryan
    "....Any youth who makes security his main goal, shackles himself at the very start of life's race."
    - Clarence Birdseye

Comment

Kel, I have not used one of these but, I have been in a haunted house built by Oak Island that used them. It was at Howl-O-Scream and the haunted house was called "The Mortuary" It took you through all the steps that leads to you being buried. At the end they used the claustrophobia bags to make a tunnel that you had to push through, up above they had women morners who were crying and waving thier hankerchiefs goodbye. It was a very good house and the effect was cool, a draw back I could see is some a$$ taking something sharp and cutting the bags . Its rip stop cloth so any hole will not get any bigger and can patch easy. Hope this helps, sounds like your house is going to rock this year.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

That's why you always tell them to keep there hands on the persons shoulders in front of you... not only in the "q-line" but all the actors must be aware of it and enforce it.

I have seen this product in action at Kings Island, All I can say is to have someone at the end or maybe a speaker in front saying "follow me... closer... closer...." Also, maybe a sign above the products entrance that says "push" or "dig".

Can't wait to see pics of this years haunt Kelly. -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback! Great info! Some of the new rooms are really coming together now! Very exciting!

Kel
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Yeah nightmare on 13th does use them they were awesome! People were hiding in between them or by them and reaching out and stuff it was pretty cool!

Comment

Just got mine delivered to me a few days ago..got the 16' one + Looking forward to getting it put up!!

-Tim
              www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com
              www.myspace.com/houseofhorrors
              thehorrorbizness@aol.com

Comment

16'! Very cool Tim! We got the 12' version. If you have any tips after installing yours, I'd love your feedback! Have fun experimenting with it! I know we will! :lol:

Kel
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We also got the 12 ft one.. Our plan is to use it at the very begining so we can keep a close eye on it and watch for back ups. Mike
                  Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

We bought one too, and can't wait to throw it into the mix. We are using it in a cave as a cave-in... :wink:

We are modifying things a bit but when it's done it will be about 20ft long "Buried Alive" approach - at the end of our tour...

Only worry we are having is moisture, since we have a high humidity in the cave. We may have to put fans on both sides to help alleviate moisture... or people will come out the other side "all wet" :twisted:

Comment

The cave-in concept sounds cool! A little water won't kill em. :lol: We're going to have to have a thread dedicated to feedback on this product because you know we're going to have some hysterical stories to tell! :shock:

Kel
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Placing it at the beginning of the tour could be good because usually the vandal customers aren't quite ready to begin their nastiness early in the tour, maybe their comfort level isn't there yet?
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim might be on to something with that statement. They seem to get worse as the tour develops....

Allan

Comment

I think that sometimes people gulp a shot , can seem sober , then after a short time in the house the "Screaming Drunk" chemicals kick in and the metamorphisis happens.
                            I also think that our radical anti-social-impolite style of entertainment(as seen and so defined by some others) inspires some to react vandalistic.
                            I mean, really, one is not supposed to purposely frighten total strangers now are we?
                            (That's why I introduce myself first!)
                            hahahahah!
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Kelly, this product also creates major bottlenecking if left alone. Make sure you stick an actor on the entrance and the exit of it. -Tyler
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X