Corn for corn maze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corn for corn maze

Hey all, I have a possibly dangerous idea for my opening room - an indoor corn maze. Because of that, I need to know a few things.

1. Where do I go to get corn stalks to make a maze?
    2. Does anyone sell synthetic corn?
    3. Will standard flame proofing work or does this fire hazard mean I should scrap the idea all together?

Bryce
    St. Matthew House of Mayhem
    Bryce Ring
    Co-owner/ Designer
    Twisted Realms Haunted House

Allen Hopps has a great tutorial for making your own corn. Not to mention a wealth of other tricks and tips at his Stiltbeast Studios YouTube channel. Here's the link for corn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXKmwGGcUcA
    Michael Inks
    Geist Entertainment, Inc.
    Visit GEI on Facebook

sigpic

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

Lol, you beat me to it!
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Allen after you got a production line going how long did it take you to make them. I may need to make 100 or so my self.

Phatman
        Phatman

Comment

about 3 -4 in an hour. I have a new way of doing the leaves that is way faster. Let me do a quick video on that- I will shoot and post it Sunday.
          Allen H

Comment

Thanks Allen I am doing a small 1500sf haunt just for the younger kids and will be donating all the proceeds to children charity. Stuart Smith and his wife have done a back story and a set for me and I have an idea of doing a huge endless hallway ( wall) effect in 3D to appear like a large corn field. So I figure the wall will be 20' wide by 8' tall so I will need a lot of them. The main charity is for autism and our parks and rec. as part of there involvement I was going to set them to work making corn stalks. This haunt will be run during daylight hours so that the younger kids can enjoy a low scare haunt before bed time and make it be less of an interfearance with the operation of my other haunts. This is my way of paying back the comunity for our great city programs and doing a little ass kissing with the city by providing good comunity out reach. I am also evolving our fire and police force by having them run our beer tent and splitting the profits with them, go figure free labor and security in one.

Phatman
            Phatman

Comment

Allen doesn't know it, but he's a silent partner in our business. Crap, I just admitted it, do we owe him residuals now?
              Michael Inks
              Geist Entertainment, Inc.
              Visit GEI on Facebook

sigpic

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

If he ever see all the crap that I have copied of his I may be paying too. I think Allen may own 10% of a lot of haunts around the country. Thanks Allen.

Phatman
                Phatman

Comment

Omg!

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                  about 3 -4 in an hour. I have a new way of doing the leaves that is way faster. Let me do a quick video on that- I will shoot and post it Sunday.
                  Allen H
                  Lets see...26 acres @ 34,600 per acre =899,600 stalks. Working on them 12 hours a day is 48 a day. That means 18,741 days....=51 years with no breaks. Guess I better get busy.

Heck with it....I'll do the old fashioned planting seed. This is one of Allen's cool tricks I'll pass on.
                  Wicked Farmer

Comment

Maybe wicked Farmer LOL, but if you only need 5-10 I bet I can get them done faster my way

Comment

Working...
                    X