Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in a haunt

quick question?

Has anyone used, worked with a scene that involved water. I don't mean a little I mean like say a "Creature From the Black Lagoon" kinda thing. I know I would really like to have a room with a path around a swampy type area that randomly bubbles like something is breathing underwater that would draw peoples attention for a pop up scare to come from the other direction. Think "Big Trouble in Little China" when they are in the sewer idea. Any idea how something like the water breather could be done? Also I would REALLY want to make sure it was safe so no one ends up either in the water/ slips and falls/ gets eaten kinda thing.

Two videos/weeks from now I will be showing a burp monster how to. That should serve your needs well.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

A creature in the water? We’ve discussed doing a scene something like this a few times but the temperatures in October always seem to be too cold to submerge someone in water. I’ve thought about building a pneumatic prop like a coffin jumper and submerging it in a pond or swap. I’m just not sure how much water it might sling on unexpecting guests.
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Heated pool?

Would think if it wasn't super deep and the water was kept at a decent temperature would make it a bit less of an issue for the actor(s). Even then would only want them in the actual water for brief periods of time and if possible semi-trained professionals if possible. Mind you this is VERY out of budget for what I'm playing with BUT a dreamer leaves forever right?

My thought for the bubbler is a modified version of what you would see in an aquarium. Basically a small air hose put into the water with something over top of it that would collect the air and shift once enough air got underneath it and release the air en mass. Just a question of finding something large enough to release enough air to simulate something underwater with out the compressor kicking on and creating too much noise? Can't wait to check those videos along with the others you have posted. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Doomsday View Post
          a modified version of what you would see in an aquarium.
          Like a clam shell that opens when it fills with air? You could possibly use a large salid bowl or something like that. Could be interesting.
          I'm sure what ever Allen has in mind will be easy to build and produce great results.
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
          X