Video player question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video player question

Does anyone know of a digital video player that will make seamless transitions between one video to the next? I have a couple of Viewstream players and I have some of the ones that Fright Props sell, but neither have seamless video transitions. There is a split second of blank screen when transitioning from one video to the next. I want a player that will seamlessly cross fade between two videos or just switch without the dead space.
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Brightsign HD410. Thats what Palenight uses.

Thanks,
    STEW

Comment

Thanks, that is something to start with.
      sigpic
      Louis Brown
      at
      DarkWood Manor

Comment

The Brightsign units which we also program and install is capable of looping transport streams containing only video seamlessly. If they have sound you will have a slight pause while it is loaded. If you need any assistance please email or call us.
        Best,
        Bill Rod.
        Dark Tech Effects
        Bill Rod.
        Dark Tech Effects
        Automated DMX Lighting
        Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Yea, what he said. Also , after looking at it again, it does have a small glich, very hard to catch.
          Look up palenights zombie attack I have on the HW sale board, theres a video there.

Stew

Comment

I can work around a sound delay, but I just don't want that nasty split second of black screen. That blows most illusions. In the past I've had an actor distract the audience during the transition in order to keep them from seeing it, but I was thinking of doing something this year that wouldn't allow me to get away with that trick.
            sigpic
            Louis Brown
            at
            DarkWood Manor

Comment

There is ZERO black screen between the transition.

Stew

Comment

Hey Louis,
                If you would like to purchase a Brightsign video repeater, just let me know I would be happy to give you a quote.
                Best,
                Bill Rod.
                Bill Rod.
                Dark Tech Effects
                Automated DMX Lighting
                Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Thanks Bill, I will be in touch if I decide to go that route. Right now I'm just planing, plotting and scheming. I haven't finalized anything yet for this year.
                  sigpic
                  Louis Brown
                  at
                  DarkWood Manor

Comment

Originally posted by Darksidestew View Post
                    Yea, what he said. Also , after looking at it again, it does have a small glich, very hard to catch.
                    Look up palenights zombie attack I have on the HW sale board, theres a video there.

Stew
                    I caught the glitch at every 6 secs (12, 18, 24, etc.), but with proper filming you wouldn't be able to tell, cause until you pointed it out I NEVER realized!!

I know you don't want the black screen, but if somehow you could work the video around that then frightprops has an option.

According to their FAQ's:

" There is a black screen that displays when I trigger my video, is this normal?

Yes, this is normal. If you don’t like the black screen you can try and copy your files onto the internal memory of the player. The manual provides instructions on how to do this. This may or may not shorten the length of the blank screen. "

The Brightsign HD410's that I saw were in the $300 area. FP's is $139 + a controller. So really it's a get what you pay for scenario. Just lending options. Best of luck and keep us posted with your project!

Last edited by freak 'n' stein; 01-15-2013, 09:12 AM.
                    O'Shawn McClendon
                    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Working...
                    X