Yet another fogger/fog chiller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another fogger/fog chiller question

Just finished our first haunt, and we constructed several fog chillers (because we never quite got one right). Has anyone ever constructed a fool-proof chiller? We particularly had problems with them leaking after the ice melted. Also, since we are using it indoors, any recommendations for a good fog that provides the nice "cemetery effect"-ie low lying fog without either having slippery residue on the floor or fogging the entire haunt too much-this is an old movie theater, so the ceilings are high, and the room is pretty big, but just have a couple areas that we want to fog. Thanks in advance for any advice. I personally would rather spend a little money and not have problems, so even a good one on the market would be fine.

SInce most foggers use propolyne glycol, it is usually kind of greasy.
    I don't know of any fog juice that doesn't leave something.
    Our way around that is epoxy paint with sand or heavy grit in it on the pathways. And if you do it the color of what you think a dirt path would be you are helping create a little more environment for your customer to interact with.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Hey Guys

Its true what Kevin says, Froggys offers a product called "Designer Select Cryofreeze" that is free from Gylcol. As for the chiller part I also saw where they have a Fogmachine/Chiller combo called an Antari Ice 101. It has a pump in it that will pump the water outta the machine and into a drain or bucket, So you wouldnt have the water being on the floor problem.
      Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Fog Chiller Idea

This idea worked for me:

Problem: We needed low lying fog for a haunted house but didn't want to have to keep buying and refilling ice all the time or deal with it melting.

Solution: Use a similar design to the traditional fog chiller but use a freezer instead of a cooler or trash can. I bought a used freezer for $100 and modified it to accept 25' of metal dryer hose. Then I filled it with containers of water that then froze to ice. The ice never melted while the freezer was plugged in and worked great!

Pictures at
        http://www.yourprofolio.com/mikelayton

Click on "Technical Design Solutions" then "Fog Chiller"

Hope this helps,
        Mike

Comment

I have seen the Atari and am looking at buying one. I also built a freezer unit and used milk jugs and ran the dryer hose through it. I tried PVC at first but it did not transfer the heat fast enough. It worked great but takes up a lot of room and hard to get in tight places.

Phatman
          Phatman

Comment

Working...
          X