Show Moving Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kip Sure Told Me LOL

I would like it close to my house to! NOT!! LOL actually that would be no fun for me and I am a man who can see any town he want's. BUT I CANNOT SEE IT WITH MY HAUNT BROTHERS AND SISTERS OR OTHER TOWNS WITH A LARGE GROUP OF FRIENDS! When I do it usually it has to be alone. I attend the Prevost Bus show every year and it always changes towns and that show is just like TW it's a buyers show. I also attend the Digital Photography show and it too changes towns. I know I had talked to Jen about doing a bus tour to see other haunts but when I thought about it if they were 4 or 5 hours away they would want to be getting ready to go to the show. I also can't see what other shows moving around would have to do with this one moving around. Again I am not looking to change anyones minds or thoughts. But to me if they went out and got more competitive rates everyone would win. Cheaper booth rental, means cheaper products or at the least a better than a big 5% discount you get especially on high dollar products that 5% has always left a bad taste in my mouth it's like really 5% usually I walk away it's the same as the asking price and I am still going to be begging for my stuff in August! This is not the norm for everyone but several. This is sliding south and I want to keep it on topic. Also in thinking of it some of us "Business" people can't go to all these smaller shows because we got real business to attend to and some of us don't live off the Haunt Industry this is another reason it would be cool to move it. I go to TransWorld to buy I don't have the time or energy to go every little show that pops up but other cities sure would give it a breath of fresh air. Shane and it's on well just a question..

Ohio would be awsome! Yes there is MHC but that show is totally different from TW and there are tons and could probably change up and see several haunts over a few year period. Yes I know this is a business show DUH just thinking outside the box. I think the Darkness and Lemp is awsome Larry has set the bar no doubt but there are others that would be awsome to see too because EVERYONE has something different to offer and it would be cool to see what else is out there
    Last edited by graystone; 01-19-2013, 06:43 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm in California and would love to see it come out west but I also would give my vote for Atlanta for a change and to see Netherworld.
      Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamreaper View Post
        I'm in California and would love to see it come out west but I also would give my vote for Atlanta for a change and to see Netherworld.
        Again that's what some are saying it shouldn't be about going to Atlanta to see netherworld it should be first about going to Atlanta to get a better Transworld show for business.

Comment

I think is about getting out to other parts of the country. I travel a lot an I am known for for the fact that i visit the zoo when I am working in a city. its just someting i have always done as a break away and clear my head. Conventions are not just the convention floor. I go for many other reasons, to see the sites, to see what changes have been done at the Darkness, and to see what is new for that year. Atlanta has a lot to offer as far as a city, lots of sights to see, one of the countries premier haunts, nice convention center and plenty of hotels. We have done St. Louis and it is a great host city, but if you want to include a little pleasure with business then there is not much there for me now. A lot of haunters are spending there vacation time from thier day job and having two reason to go some where would drive more people to the show and maybe like what Shane said lower prices for everyone involved. I like Atlanta if anybody is listening.

Phatman
          Phatman

Comment

I've been to Atlanta several times and unless I just didn't get good advice as to where to go but I found the downtown of Atlanta to be a ghost town at night. Nothing was open, no people walking around and no restaurants to be found except for one steak house downtown but that's about it and food court at the CNN building. I know Buckhead is hot spot but its not like you can walk there from the convention center... If you're going for vacation than hell lets just move it to Orlando and call it a day lol

DA

Comment

whatever you do, uncle shane..........

absolutely do not come to center city philadelphia. between the murders, the crime, the ripoff union rates ($80 dollars to screw in a light bulb last time). Then new convention center is nice, but a total ripoff. Plus, the police, the firemen, and the city services are ALL ready to go on strike. this city SUCKS the big one..........

Comment

I think it would be nice to see the show move to a new city. Atlanta or Orlando would be my 2 favorite spots.
                ~Bill Mlinac
                The Deadland Haunted House
                www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

I for one will almost 100% never go back to St. Louis. I'm praying they move it in the next 2 years, as I will be attending hopefully 2015. St. Louis was boring, uneventful, and a waste of my time.

Hoping for Atl, Vegas, or somewhere in Alabama near Disturbia.

Comment

West please

California Is where I live and it's no wonder why I would love to see it come to San Diego or la or Vegas. By the way I don't know why no one loves Vegas as an idea. Anyways I read the recent 2013 list of best houses and if you notice the majority of them are in a hub with trans world centralized in the fear hive. I was just thinking if the show moved to the west coast you'd would see an increase in west coast champs on that list. I personally am about 6 years from my rookie year and first chance at being on that list but it would do good to see some other Californians representing.
                    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

The Vegas show was considered a disaster by many Haunters because there was no sense of community or ideal gathering place for fellowship, in other words no place that was central for partying and drinking. People were spread out all over the strip and it just didn't feel like a haunt show to many. Also the haunt tours were pretty substandard and discombobulated it just seemed like on one was real happy about it.

I don't suspect it will ever go back to Vegas and the west coast extremely unlikely. Transworld does not strengthen and build a haunt community it's a tradeshow. Having the show in your city will not make your or your neighbors haunt better. There aren't any haunts on the west coast on the level of The Darkness that I'm aware of so I just don't see it leaving the Midwest area. I don't even see it coming here to the east where there are tons of top level haunts but only time will tell. Personally I like it in St. Louis it's centrally located.

DA

Comment

Well there ya go

Half serious about improving the haunts by moving it to the west coast. But I guess good point about Vegas. Fine consider it permanately taken off the table now in my opinion. But Cali is still a very viable option especially San Diego. St. Lou Orlando and San Diego those three rotate.

Comment

Keegan

Will never happen in Vegas, and I don't want it in Bama either I live here LOL! I dunno I think it could move around and do just fine as long as it don't go to the west coast. Shane and it's oh well.....
                          sigpic

Comment

I guess they are just foolish hopes. After all the show needs to make money and so do the vendors who work their asses off to sell stuff. Fact of the matter is most of the buyers aren't on the west coast. Keep it over there guys ll afford the ticket eventually. And hey if it does ever come to Cali then maybe they'll also make the matrix 4!! Hahahahaha

Comment

I interviewed Jen Braverman about this earlier this week for the new Big Scary Show and she says TW is staying in St. Louis through at least 2014, but after that who knows. She does not know if it will move after that and had compelling reasons to stay put but was open to moving at some point.

Although I never attended TW in Rosemont, most everyone I know who did said it was a great place. I don't believe anyone has mentioned bringing the show back there yet. Any reason as to why? I heard the last year was COLD but weather can't be the only reason...
                              http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                              http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Working...
                              X