Show Moving Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard a rumor.

I heard Shane is working on getting a cruise ship lined up for just haunters voyage in the Caribbean for 2014. The decks will be the trade show floor. He is booking Tater to do the stage show.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by Twiztedfaces View Post
      I vote New Orleans .....only problem is this city and its accessibility to the drinking crowd would kill them...lol...but we to have some serious Haunt action here . We also have a convention center that is giant in comparison to STL . And the weather around march is usually in the mid 70 to low 80's.
      Well...Legendary WAS just that! There are lots of haunt-related things that would support that. Cruise...hmmm...isn't that the bloody Mary cruise?
      Kathryn DeSautell
      Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

MinneSNOWta

Bring it north! Twin cities! Awesome convention center, right in the middle (east to west), lots of things to see/do, and the nicest people on earth! Under rated in the haunt community if I may add.
        Brent F.
        www.thedeadendhayride.com
        Keep Minnesota Scary!

Comment

Lol

No I was working on having it on the moon something really special! Shane and it's I am working on rates!
          sigpic

Comment

Most upside, least downside, potential = Hotlanta

Comment

Originally posted by Mistress DeSade View Post
              Well...Legendary WAS just that! There are lots of haunt-related things that would support that. Cruise...hmmm...isn't that the bloody Mary cruise?
              There's a reason why we are now having our 10th Super Bowl this year.We know how to throw a party

Comment

Originally posted by Twiztedfaces View Post
                There's a reason why we are now having our 10th Super Bowl this year.We know how to throw a party
                This might be a long shot here, but it might be you have super bowls because it's a warm weather climate, dome, etc...

DA

Comment

My 2 cents

I really enjoy St.Louis. I think it has a lot to offer. I am good with leaving it in St.Louis or moving it around on a 3 year schedule. I would give a big thumbs DOWN on Las Vegas. I'm out. That city has no "charm" if you get what I mean. And I just don't feel that it fits the Haunt family. I would go to Atlanta. I would go to Nashville. Texas sounds good.

I would love the twin cities. For me it's close and they do have some Great convention facilities. Rates are very competitive also. However, I'm not sure we could pull our warm blooded friends up here to enjoy after hours ice fishing and snowmobile racing. And what haunts are available to tour.

Whatever, I'm still coming.

Buck
                  Capt.Chaos
                  Fear Asylum Haunted House
                  Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

My vote goes towards Atlanta also. I went about 3 years ago to see Netherworld and was just blown away by the city and Ben's haunt. Georgia is just beautiful.
                    Spooky Wishes
                    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

I hate to come in with my special brand of negativity...but here goes. Transworld is first and foremost a tradeshow. All the other "convention" activities are secondary. There are already numerous conventions that cater to the needs of those wanting to see other cities, have tons of haunt related parties, etc. Transworld is a business show. The location of the show should not be determined by anything other than what's best for the buyers and sellers. In my opinion, St. Louis has served that purpose well. I wouldn't like it if the show left (since I live here) but so long as it went somewhere reasonable I wouldn't fight it. You have to remember that the majority of major haunt companies are based in the central US. To put the show somewhere like Vegas (what a disaster that was) or New York or something makes no sense. The show simply has to be centrally located or you're going to lose vendors. I know I, for one, will never go to Vegas again.

This conversation comes up almost every year, but the main thing you have to remember is that it doesn't matter what anyone (you, me, or otherwise) thinks about the matter. It's up to TW what they will do and they seem happy with St. Louis. Until they decide to move the show (which I don't see happening anytime in the near future but hey, I'm just one man) the show won't go anywhere.

In closing, would I love to see other haunts in other towns? Sure, but there are shows that do that kind of thing. Most notably, Hauntcon. TW is the biggest show around because it is THE business show and we can't lose sight of that. That's my two cents. I'm stepping down from my soap box now...
                      Kip Polley
                      www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                      We Engineer Fear

Comment

Lots of great haunts to tour in the twin cities...in march maybe not. I mean i could plow out the hayride trail! Bring your warm clothes! We have a high of -9 this coming Monday! It should be great........
                        Brent F.
                        Keep Minnesota Scary!

Comment

Well said

Well said kip! I like where your heads at! Very well put soap box speech.
                          Brent F.
                          Keep Minnesota Scary!

Comment

Why do all Haunters in the Midwest assume that most haunts are in the Midwest? Maybe, just maybe there are more by number but when you look at the BEST HAUNTS they are all along the east coast.

Netherworld
                            Spookywoods
                            Woods of terror
                            Bennets Curse
                            Bates motel
                            Fright land
                            Field of screams
                            Creepy woods
                            Terror behind the walls
                            Headless horsemen
                            Shocktoberfest
                            Spookyworld
                            Scarehouse

And many more...

You could count the south and add Disturbia and Atrox and many more.

Comment

A lot of big amusement park haunts on the east but some great haunts on the west coast too but admittedly it's not like the Midwest or out east.

Jake

Comment

Kip is 100% right the show is and should always be about business. The parties and haunt tours are all icing on the cake but its business first and St Louis is a great host city for the show.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X