Money back haunts still around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money back haunts still around?

So, did anyone do this this past year and found it successful?

Are they back at Transworld possibly sporting the line green shirts and ties?

Any news?

DA

DA, just checked the floor plan for the show and they will be a booth 335.
    Brett

Comment

Originally posted by IF YOUR 555 View Post
      DA, just checked the floor plan for the show and they will be a booth 335.
      Brett
      Thanks for looking in to for me Brett.
      DA

Comment

I like.....

Chris hes a good guy. Never really understood what they were selling other then the right to use Money Back Haunt wording but I told him any good attorney could rip that apart. I just can't see it holding up. As a matter of fact I talked to a good trademark and copyright attorney that does all the work for a major chain retailer A WELL KNOWN RETAILER that just happens to be a good friend of my families but anyway he just laughed. Again not knocking Chris if there are people with money to burn then hey he has every right to take it just like anyone else or the guy in the booth next to him. I have had my share of people wanting me to drop my hat in the Haunt vending area. I need not get into that as there is no amount of money this Industry has to offer to make me deal with the BS. I am happy just the way it is now. Hell I could care less if I make a dime on the haunt it's not about the money it's the fun of it. When I have to start selling crap then I will just say it was fun while it lasted and it's time to move on. Shane and it's yall have at it!
        sigpic

Comment

Oh gawd here we go again.... lol.

Yes. It would be interesting to find out those who bought into it how they did.

Comment

Hey yall, yep we licensed and helped a few haunts this past season but I want to get permission again directly from them before I tell specifics about them....But one of the most successful uses was in Omaha with Nightmare on Q Street (I don't think they'd mind the name drop). They had a very large attendance increase, great revenue boost and more importantly, people loved their haunt too. So they'll see the benefits of being a Money Back Haunt for years to come.

We had alot who didn't understand or like Shane said, just didn't want to fool with it year 1, but that's cool - I think it can help alot of haunts - not everyone maybe - but alot. The idea is an interesting take on giving your customers more entertainment and giving them a reason to spend more money at your attraction for that entertainment - and if you do it right, they love it. At the booth at Transworld this year, I'll have some 2012 surveillance footage of our customers actually doing the Money Back Challenge - something everyone was rightfully asking for at TW last year. The video footage will help people see what it's all about better. It's pretty tough to try to explain on a show floor with so many people, and such a short time.

There's an article in Hauntworld actually coming up in which I talk about my haunt, Frightmare Manor, and how we used the Money Back Challenge and how people love it. It's worked for us and again I really think it can help others too. Haha I have had more people comment about those green shirts, glad you liked them :-)
            Last edited by Woo25; 01-18-2013, 11:43 PM.

Comment

I for one would like to see some video of what is being done here... that would greatly help make people understand what you do and what is being offered.

So I'll hold off complete judgement upon seeing this video.

However like I said before it seems like a gimmick to me to mask having a bad haunted house. That is at least what it would appear to me anyhow. Doesn't mean it is but just would seem to be a gimmick to mask a bad haunt drum up PR to drum up ticket sales.

I'll say this 2000 times nothing replaces having a WORLD class haunted house period. And I personally think anyone and every single haunter out there can build over time a WORLD class haunted house if they spend their money wisely and do their homework on marketing to everything between.

People should pick up our videos that we make, do seminars, visit haunted houses, watch a lot of youtube, whatever just spend your money CORRECTLY and you can be successful!

Let me say this the best DVD we've ever made is the new one we are offering see image below... I go into DETAIL how to truly be successful without any gimmicks. But don't take my word for it because I think anyone can be successful if they just go about it the right way. THere are many small market haunts out there who make the big markets look like fools... lets start with 13th Gate!!! They make everyone look likes fools... their market isn't big!

It can be done without gimmicks! Just my opinion but like I said I want to see the video.

Larry
              how_to_success_2013_dvd_cover.jpg
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

No comment!
                1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Dark

Sorry you had a bad experiance, My dealings with Chris is not on his "Money Back Haunt" thing. He's bought several props from me. He's a good kid and I say that because I am getting old lol. But like I say he just like anyone can jump in the ring to make a buck it's open game. Just wanted to clear that up. Did you sign up for the service Chris offers? Did it work for you, not work for you. I think for me like if I wanted to use " Money Back Haunt" I could and if there were problems I could beat it I am 100% sure. It's pretty much public domain to a degree. I can trade mark "Disturbia The Money Back Haunt" or "The Darnkess The Money Back Haunt" or "NetherWorld The Money Back Haunt" ect anyone can use their name and then the wording and your home free. Anyway it's coming off as I am knocking Chris and I am not whatsoever so I want to setep back some from there. I will also say this maybe if you don't have a lot going on at your haunt look into it. We have a gift shop, Halloween store, rides, band, celebrities, food court, arcade things like that I mean there is only so much you can do. For us we got plenty to offer and there comes a point where people may think damn they going to dollar us to death lol. I still would love to hear how this worked for everyone. I can't see it bringing you in more people because they should be there for the haunt and not the other stuff but I can see it increasing you your revenue just as the things we do does. Shane and it's I must see this green shirt!

Oh and there is NO WAY IN HELL ANYONE IS GETTING THEIR MONEY BACK FROM ME! EVERYTHING COST ME, NOTHING IS GIVEN TO ME, I DON'T EVEN OFFER DISCOUNTS ( OTHER THAN HANDICAP AND MILITARY) BUT I DONT GIVE OUT COUPONS. WHEN THE RADIO STATIONS ASK FOR FREE PASSES I GIVE A FEW AND VERY LITTLE AND EVEN THEN THEY ARE ONLY GOOD ON A THURS OR SUN! YEAH I SCREAM THAT LOUD NO REFUNDS AND HELL NO YOUR NOT GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK! I also don't do the haunt for money it's my enjoyment.
                  Last edited by graystone; 01-19-2013, 09:37 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Slobber Erlich View Post
                    No comment!
                    Indeed.

*most regrettable*

C.

Comment

Like I said

If Chris has a product he want's to market so be it. Also in fairness to Chris if someone feels there has been something unjust then it would be great to post your real name and not a screen name. Your argument will go futher. And no I am not taking sides if anything I been a little straight forward with Chris yes I think alot of him but I have to be fair and stand on the fence with everyone. Hopefully some who have bought the product will come and tell how it woked, did not work, or might work better. Thats what we all or those who would like to know more would like to hear. Shane and it's anyone?
                      sigpic

Comment

I think it just comes down to what fits your haunt. I have heard money back work for some and not so great for others. I have not heard anbody I have talked to say that they felt like they got ripped off. It just like anything you put your energy in to some think and it seem work for you. I have personal knowledge of the picture marketing and know it does work if you are commited to it, but others have had poor success with it. If it not your cup of tea then, it's not going to work for you. It's all just personal taste. As I have said in the past judge people on your own experience. I have heard people say bad things about people I have delt with and I do feel bad that they did not have the experience I did, but I do understand nobody is perfect and there are sometimes you don't get the job done the way you should. I have been skeptical of the money back haunt thing, I've heard good and bad, but I will say that was just them not fitting the way I do things that's all.

Phatman
                        Phatman

Comment

I don't think it comes down to what fits your haunt... no great haunt would lower themselves to doing gimmicks to get people in the door. I think if your haunt sucks you'd jump all over this. If you are one of those guys who are out for the fast dollar you should be doing this all day long. Look selling pet rocks was a big thing at one point... and people made a ton of money from this. Then people came to their senses and stopped buying pet rocks. That was absurd from the get go ... and it just took people a minute to realize it .

If a money back haunt sucks it sucks money back or not... we must remember only a handful get their money back so the mass majority of people lose money by attending a terrible haunted house. Yes or NO?

So do you think they will return to a terrible haunted house with a gimmick promotion? Especially those who didn't get their money back would they return... I say no!

I also say you open yourself up to all kinds of slamming on things like facebook, twitter, or all these review sites .... I can read them now... SCAM DONT GO YOU DONT REALLY GET OUR MONEY BACK AND THE HAUNT SUCKED!

Any successful haunted house who does great marketing, pr, has a good website, a good haunt, great actors would never attempt this... only the 4th fiddle haunt in a market would attempt this looking for some kind of advantage over their competition.

Now let me CLARIFY... everything I'm saying is what the ASSUMPTION would be!!! You could be the BEST haunted house in town and doing this program as the dagger into your competitions throat, or this could have been the program that put you over the top of say doing 20 to 30k people. I don't know...

But my ASSUMPTION would be and I think MOST peoples ASSUMPTION would be the same...

At the end of the day let me say this... haunt owners should realize by now the haunted house industry is NO LONGER about making people SCREAM! We are morphing into Halloween themed entertainment first and foremost... we are opening ourselves up to other entertainment possibilities other forms of entertainment related to haunts, Halloween or just simply amusement.

Maybe this adds spice in that realm... I don't know I want to see the so called VIDEO!

Now with all of that being said... my first gut reaction would be the top comment that its a scam, marketing gimmick to make a dollar and you wouldn't be the first or last to attempt it. And in closing I would say that unless your haunted house first and foremost is your selling point you will NOT survive with a gimmick like this or any other. If it were the case everyone would be doing it... and I mean everyone!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Let me clarify. Talked to Chris everything is A-Ok!
                            Everyone that I have dealt with knows my name. Charles Stewart.

Thank You
                            Stew
                            Last edited by Darksidestew; 01-20-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Money Back Haunts advertise on the front page of Hauntworld. You're putting them down, but you accepted their money and promoted them on the front page. Maybe I'm wrong though. I've been to a haunt that used the concept and it was successful from what I saw. I wouldn't pay for the licensing, but I don't know the exact details about the concept to really criticize them.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Jolly Pumpkin; 01-20-2013, 06:49 PM.
                              Spooky Wishes
                              Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Working...
                              X