Need help with 2 things Gravity Room and Vaccuum idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with 2 things Gravity Room and Vaccuum idea

I am looking to make a gravity room. Does anyone have plans they would be willing to share on how to make it correctly?

I am also looking to do a room full of gum balls with PVC balls (like in a ball pit). Make a ball pit ppl have to walk through but a vaccuum that pulls some to the ceiling so they could be dropped down out of holes without any actor operation needed. Thinking floor to ceiling would be a 10-12 ft pull. Any suggestions on what could be used?

Can you be a bit more specific on the gravity room?
    I know scarefactory makes a few cool anti gravity props, are those the effects you're looking for?
    If their reputation scares you, just ask them for the mechanism "skeleton" and use your own props/pieces.

As for ball pit......the idea is COOL. However, with plastic balls it may be almost impossible. Individually the balls aren't heavy but collectively if you had a vacuum large enough to lift enough balls for it to notice.....you would be ripping the hair off your customers heads or make it impossible for them to breathe.....HOWEVER, why not use a TON of water balloons? They're similar in size and shape when inflated. They're cheaper. And there's a few ways to lift them I can think of;
    1) vacuum like you said, a much smaller one would be needed and it'd be safer and more cost efficient.
    2) fans!! If you get a bunch of flat fans and build a platform on the floor and have them recessed in areas off the walking path and some from the ceiling at different angles, to throw the balloons around, you'll be set, you can even make fake ball piles using the original balls you want to use and make "covers" out of them for the fans.
    3) HI-FLOAT! From all the party planning, DJ-ing, and decorations I do for parties a million times a year, this is hands down my FAVORITE idea! Ok, so there's this product called Hi-Float for latex balloons, it's basically a sealant for balloons that make it so that helium doesn't leak out of them for a LONG time. You won't go through too much helium since the balloons are so small, and use fans on the ceiling to keep them going up and down. It isn't as defined or timed as a vacuum, but it's much cheaper and will still look really cool. And cold air going down your customers backs is always an added creep factor

Comment

The rooms where you think you are walking up hill and you aren't. tilting floor.jpg Looking to accomplish this.

The water balloons won't work bc customers will be soaked. I will have clowns hiding in the pit. PVC balls is all I could think of. I can use larger balls and can get 1000 for 40.00. With 10,000 ppl coming through, I need something that will last longer.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Bobby was talking about using the small size balloons normally used for water balloons, but only filled with air and blown with a fan.
        For the gravity room, look up forced perception rooms.
        http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

Yes. Lol.

The point of the water balloons was to have something that was LIGHTER than the PVC balls/average playground balls. They're similar in size and shape.....but use air or helium to fill them....not water.

that-just-might-be-crazy-enough-to-lobster.jpg

Comment

Just a thought... get a bounce house blower and some 3inch pvc. connect blower to one end of pvc. cut hole in pvc to allow balls to fall into it. the force of the blower will push balls to the top of the room where they would end up falling through holes in the ceiling. Not sure it would work but just came into my head.
            Joe
            In Darkness they hunt the living
            http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

Comment

Originally posted by naberhoodhaunts View Post
              Just a thought... get a bounce house blower and some 3inch pvc. connect blower to one end of pvc. cut hole in pvc to allow balls to fall into it. the force of the blower will push balls to the top of the room where they would end up falling through holes in the ceiling. Not sure it would work but just came into my head.
              Joe
              Pretty much exactly where I was going to go with this! lol

You can always add some more visual movement by using UV reactive balls and having a few circling around on various flat-black wire-mobile or ferris wheel type devices so theres a little more confusion as to which balls are coming from where, or allow your balls traveling up to the drop point a brief clear-tubing section that allows your guests a brief view of a ball zooming in various directions.
              -Mat

Comment

I was curious, are you meaning to have your guests walk through the ball pit? I was thinking of something similar last year, I even was thinking of shipping peanuts also, but the one thing that stopped me was after a night of say a 1500 people the balls or peanuts would be littered through out the entire haunt. Cause they would get carried out of the pit. Not always on puropose. But I still really like the idea and I hope it works out for you.

Thanks
                Rob

Comment

Here is how I would do it.
                  The floor of the room Should be raised and the edges have a gap that allows the balls to fall underneath.
                  Under the floor tarp or plastic (attached to the edges) funnels the balls to a 4 inch hose.
                  The hose is attached to an insulation blowers hopper.
                  BM_IN_Body_Img_O_6grid.jpg
                  The balls fall into the hopper and are blown to the roof over head in the same room
                  They come out in the middle of the room three feet above the 8ft level.
                  They bounce off of three levels of 6" hog wire about a foot a part.
                  The hog wire is there to "pichinco" the balls and diffuse them so they dump over a larger area. Off set the wires so that the balls hit them as opposed to being lined up evenly.
                  The insulation blower sucks the balls up and shoots them out, turning it on causes the balls to begin the cycle.
                  Allen H
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

the blower is not to expensive to rent, so you can rent one on a weekend basis until you can buy one.
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Pit

A few years back we decided to do a ball pit idea - we wanted to have the pit around waist height....unfortunately to fill a 12X12 room that deep with standard ball pit balls would have cost us a fortune. We ended up going with 10" beach balls. Under the beach balls we had 2 air cannons set up....when the guest got to the middle of the room the air cannons went off sending the beach balls everywhere.

Was a cool effect....the down side was the beachballs were very hard to move through, instead of gliding over each other they kinda stuck....and then as people pushed through they would all pile up at one end.

I would love to revisit the idea - is there a wholesale place to get the ball pit balls in bulk????

Comment

I'm seeing balloons that end up being only about knee height, which I have been through one before and it was hillarious. Actors could lay on the floor and just sit up. But then Some kind of blower feeder system and balloons are stored above the next two rooms in nets and dumped, throw in air cannons and CO2 shooters and crazy things like scoops on ferris wheels and balloons being blown through clear tubes that may have nothing at all to do with how the balloons really travel, just for looks.
                        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I met a woman who worked with slides

She said their competition had an outdoor slide that terminated in a "Corral" of foam balls. A three year old went down one of the three slides that used this same corral and died from injuries after numerous adults came down into the pit . They could not see him under the balls.
                          Another problem: The corrals were outdoors, bums would sleep in the foam ball pile leaving behind all kinds of drek including used hypodermic needles!
                          So many things to consider.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Okay, people sitting up from under the balloons with hypodermic needles sticking in their face screaming about hobos and gook all over the balloons! CO2 shooters, air cannons balloons raining from above, mass hysteria. And they killed Bobbie! This is the best scene ever!
                            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
                              Okay, people sitting up from under the balloons with hypodermic needles sticking in their face screaming about hobos and gook all over the balloons! CO2 shooters, air cannons balloons raining from above, mass hysteria. And they killed Bobbie! This is the best scene ever!
                              This is all starting to sound like a Squeeze Room, which sounds great in theory, until you realize you are being squeezed right up against everyone's snot from the past several nights, and it gets smeared in your face. I hear flu season is gonna be bad this year.

C.

Comment

Working...
                              X