Ghost Town in the Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Town in the Sky

Thought I'd give a heads up to check out a website for GHOST TOWN IN THE SKY. This old amusement part near Cherokee, NC. was a big hit back in the sixties when I was a kid. They are having a reopening after major renovations. It closed about seven years ago. Always thought it'd be cool to turn this park upside down for Halloween. We'll see what the new owners plan to do. Will be there opening day, Friday May 25th!
    www.ghostowninthesky.com

The link you provided was incorrect, here is the correct one:
    http://www.ghosttowninthesky.com/

Very cool to see a park reopen after being closed for years!
    www.mindseizure.com
    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Thanks for the correction...guess I try to type to fast!

Comment

As an FYI, the Red Devil rollercoaster will now be renamed Cliffhanger.
        The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Hmmm. My Son-in-law is a Marine and just got orders to NC. Perhaps we will have to take a side trip when when we go out to visit my daughter and her family.

Dave
          Lords of Chaos, LLC
          House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

For those of you planning to visit the "New" Ghost Town in the Sky park, be aware that the Cliffhanger roller coaster will not be operational. They are waiting to get new trains for the ride and then test them out before it can open to the public.
            The Haunter's Depot
            www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

I was invited to be there for the grand opening and Movie, but could not make it

Can't wait to go over and see them in the next few weeks. We are going western this year and we are working w/ them on some designs and costuming...

Comment

It's the CLIFFHANGER now, huh?

The RED DEVIL rollercoaster was called the SILVER BULLET back in the 80s when it was first added to the park.

I love that ol' park.

I've been there many times.

The first time was in August 1972... in utero.

I don't remember much.
                Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Actually, the Silver Bullet was a completely different ride. It slithered down the side of the hill (and included a splash down area), but was deemed to be too fast and out of control. It was eventually torn down.

The Silver Bullet was replaced by a newer coaster (a bit further up the top of the mountain) called the Red Devil and was designed by a company called O.D. Hopkins (designer of many great log flume rides). The coaster was renamed the Cliffhanger for the park's 2007 re-opening season.
                  The Haunter's Depot
                  www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

You seen about our new local toy yet, Roy? Sierra Sidewinder is good fun. Silent as heck, butter smooth and some great spin action, not too sickening or anything. It has a truly insane spiral with a tight super banked (not overbanked) turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uynBc9xjfyA
                    I ended up taking the Mack co. rep to lunch. Got 4 times on it, tons of fun. Funniest thing was in talking to a little boy there who was a lot older than he looked and interned to the Knotts haunt designer. We ended up talking a mile a minute for the rest of the night about haunts and coasters and I showed him my JBCorn books which I had with me in the car that day.

Comment

Yup, saw that video (and others) on YouTube.com. Looks good! In fact, another one "might" be built in the near future out east. Sorry, but I can't tell you where it's going just yet since the park has not officially announced the ride.
                      The Haunter's Depot
                      www.HauntersDepot.com

Comment

tis an easy guess since this company loves to prototype at Knotts and boogie from there

And no, I didnt ask Bob about where. Would not have gotten an answer anyways if a deal was signed. Part of the game.

Comment

Working...
                        X