Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any news from the Houston Halloween show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news from the Houston Halloween show?

Did anyone go to the show in Houston today? Anything cool going on?

Thanks,

DA

how come this show never gets any play ?

I hear it is one of the BEST shows of the year, but no one ever posts about it, or the posts are TAKEN DOWN..... Please, enlighten all of us with some info on this supposed GREAT SHOW. thank you...

Comment

John

The Houston show is more of a retail show not much for Haunted Houses. Rubies started it after they split from TransWorld. I never go but have a 2 employees go. Most of the reps come to us anyway. But this show is about retail products you find in costume and halloween stores stuff like that. You can find gift shop priducts but most of the items are not any good for haunts I said most there are a select few. Shane and it's but it's a good place to have it!
      sigpic

Comment

It would be cool if anyone goes to post some photos... I'd like to see the photos. However I can say this we've been apart now for FIVE YEARS! And in those FIVE YEARS I myself and most everyone in the haunt industry hasn't been back!

So that just proves that yes we liked seeing all that Halloween junk when mixed with the haunters stuff but in the end we didn't care enough to make a separate trip just to see it.

Would I like to go ... sure but I'm not going to waste my money and time to do that. If it was like around the corner I'd go if I lived in Houston I would go but outside of that don't care.

Here is what I do know... they get less than a 1,000 people for that show. In the hayday that show would get over 10,000 guests. The haunt show is bigger better more fun and now slowly but surely the halloween retailers are creeping their way back looking for new clients.

I'd say we won!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I went. It was Ok, nothing really new or amazing. Distortions had a few new things, but I think they are waiting to wow at Transworld. It was very sparsely attended, today it was tumbleweeds all over- really dead. I made a few small orders but it was a lack luster show.
          Trick or treat studios was a highlight
          and Ghoulish productions had good stuff (But I never received my order from them last year) so I did not order this year.
          Atmosfear FX was there and had stuff that was new for them, but not new.
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We have videos and pics of new masks, props and special fx and will post Monday or Tuesday. Tired
            Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

I was there and totally agree with Allens comments. The only reason I went was to stock the new gift shop I am building. Otherwise I would not have attended. It is for resale only really. I did however enjoy the company of the haunt group from Dallas. Too many to list here.... Love all you guys. See everyone in March.

Sue
              http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Working...
              X