Laws against too much decorating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laws against too much decorating?

I always decorate my house to an extreme during the halloween season.
    We just moved to a new, smaller house, and in our old house, the neighbors loved halloween, helped us out, and decorated their own houses too. However, in the neighborhood that I currently live in, the neighbors are very conservative and strict, and I have a feeling that some of them just may have a problem with me decorating as much as I did in our other house.
    This year, I want our decorations to be more elaborate than ever.
    We always keep the props on our own property and nothing with blood or gore. It is just that we decorate so much that I think the neighbors will complain. Could they complain to the Homeoners and make us tear down the decorations? There is no law that I know against it, just wanted to confirm with a couple of you guys! Thanks.

Local municipalitys can make almost any kind of an ordinance that they feel like making.
    People appear at city council meetings and complain about absolutely anything they can think of and the council members feel they have to address those concerns...no matter how big of a Doofuss that person really is!
    Watch Out!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I say put them up, by the time they get the ball rolling to make you take them down Halloween will be over. That is if your not putting them up in July.lol. He// I have already built a deck and canopy house for my spinning tunnel (WHEN IT GETS HERE JOE!!!)
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies!
        Looking forward to seeing more!

Comment

Majority rules? Then one idiot with alot of time on their hands and some wacky ideas about how they have the right to tell everyone else what they are supposed to do gets the "grease" (as the squeaky wheel) and where is majority rule then? How many people in the town would give two hoots about if the lawn is 2 1/2 inches long or 4 inches long?
          I am positive it would not be the majority.
          I read an obituary the other day for a man I never met. Part of his obit read:"He was a property owner and in his life had perfected the art of minding his own business."
          How simple, how brilliant.
          Too many of our anguished moments arrive on the backs of others and we thinking that we are helping someone take them on as our own problems but if we can effect their outcome not at all, then they shouldn't be filing our days and nights as our concerns.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X