Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a complete sound design library be something the haunt industry would buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a complete sound design library be something the haunt industry would buy?

Since I do sound design and voice overs on a national level (I was the trailer voice of Showtime's Masters Of Horror and I am on the trailers on the Haloween 3 dvd, I also did sound desing for ABC radio networks and a bunch of other stuff) I am also involved in haunts, so I get what you need.

I was kicking around the idea of maybe a 2 or 3 cd set/mp3 folder full of sound effects, complete sound scapes for scenes, music, and even generic voice overs for rules, introductions, waiting area and some generic radio/tv audio commericals. Basically a complete all in one generic sound design package.

Would sell for around $100, includes license and lifetime usage. So I would not make you license it every year, pay one time, use as long as you want.

I do understand that before you answer that, you probably would need to hear a sample, but let's say it was of decent quality, to outstanding. I am hoping it won't suck. I know it is going to be subjective. I will get a sample ofcourse if/when I go with it. Is this something of interest?

There have been several CD's out that were sound effects for haunts. Hedstrom, poison props, and I believe Bob Harper all did some sort it compilation of sounds and effects and some audio.

Jake

Comment

I would like to see a website like iStockPhoto (Audio section)
      http://www.istockphoto.com/audio

Where you can browse various sounds, and then buy the one you need or purchase a subscription for unlimited downloads for a period of time.

I really don't need my audio collection to get any bigger, its big enough as it is and hard to locate something when in a pinch.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea! Bring it on!
        Michael Inks
        Geist Entertainment, Inc.
        Visit GEI on Facebook

sigpic

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

I would definitely be game.

C.

Comment

Absolutely!!

Always looking for new sounds. Sounds like a great idea.

Comment

There is ALWAYS room for improvement and innovation, but you would be walking in some pretty big footsteps...

Good luck and a better chainsaw is my request!
              How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Sounds good, Get to it.
                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thank Adam from Poisonprops for sharing this with us.

Charlie

http://www.sounddogs.com/extendedsea...keyword=snakes rattle&ddCategory=0

Comment

Speaking for myself... yes I would! I will tell you why as well... even if your CD sucked to high heaven everytime I see something like that for sale I simply buy it sight unseen. If someone creates a disk full of CGI FX like the guys from Atomofear I will buy sight unseen. Because even if the disks or not good what is 20 bucks, 40 bucks or whatever... what if you hit a gold mine?

Bottom line I would buy all cds, how to dvd's, to anything like this all day every day!

What you are talking about sounds very very valuable at least in my book!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Poison Props Sound Effects

Of course Adam @ Poison Props has created a pretty complete library of royalty free sound effects that are reasonably priced.
                      But we can always use more, more, more!
                      www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                      [Google+] [YouTube]
                      [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

How do we manage the mess?

Every year I go searching for some new sound effect through many of the Haunt sites, but also through sound effects libraries used in the recording industry. I too have amassed a small collection of CDs and sounds, but the challenge is being able to manage the library. To that note, what would be value-add in my mind is a utility to not only help you find the sound effect your are looking for, but a front end to allow you to sample various sound effects in your library quickly, catalog them (again quickly) and better manage the whole mess!
                        Travis "Big T" Russell
                        President
                        Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Originally posted by bigt View Post
                          every year i go searching for some new sound effect through many of the haunt sites, but also through sound effects libraries used in the recording industry. I too have amassed a small collection of cds and sounds, but the challenge is being able to manage the library. To that note, what would be value-add in my mind is a utility to not only help you find the sound effect your are looking for, but a front end to allow you to sample various sound effects in your library quickly, catalog them (again quickly) and better manage the whole mess!

a-freakin-men brother!
                          How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

BIG T and Zombietoxin

The program i use and live by is called Soundminer.
                            I have 5TB of sound effects and i can find anything just by typing it in the search bar.
                            But it's also up to you to manage and label your own library before you dump it into soundminer.
                            You can listen/sample and drop it into the track you are working on.
                            I also use Protools 9.02.
                            The key is making sure you sounds are labeled correctly. If there not you will never find anything.
                            I hope this helps.
                            sigpic
                            PEACE, ADAM
                            www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Great idea

An audio website simular to istockphoto would be a great idea!
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X