Vital DATA For our industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vital DATA For our industry

Every season, I'm called by the media and asked the same questions over and over again. Through the years I have watched, learned and listened to everyone about our industry. I've polled our industry, I have created data, recieved data and more. I have been asked by the media the same things and finally decided ALL OF OUR industry needs data from which they can refer the media, that sheds positive light on our industry, our haunts, and our vendors.

Our industry is a REAL industry, even though some think we're a bunch of goofy people running around in hockey masks. We are NOT anything but a professional industry that drive ALL OF HALLOWEEN.

When a Halloween Association was formed backed by all the big shots from candy companies down... I went to war with them. They wanted to change Halloween to the last Saturday in October. That would have been a distaster for our industry, cutting off in some cases 5 days from our season. I told them FLAT OUT its our industry that has made YOUR part of this industry double their numbers, because WHILE you retailers go into a high traffic location and put up signs, haunted houses are spending millions of dollars promoting Halloween.

We are the driving force behind the success of Halloween and we should be proud of that. Amusement parks would have NEVER and I mean NEVER even extended their seasons had our industry not shown it can be more than a charity event or something for kids. Sure Knotts was out there banging away, but our industry the independent haunt owner took this season and made Halloween what it is today.

Last year when I launched this PR EFFORT, I wanted our industry so badly to be reconized for who we are, what we are and get what we deserve... RESPECT! I was TIRED of all the sex offender stories, or whatever.
    We had NO CHOICE but to CHOOSE OUR OWN destiny and it paid off TEN FOLD... Good Mourning America said we're not what people remember.

And we're not...

So finally... I've compiled information that's so valuable to our industry, and I've finally published it for all to use and promote. If your media outlet wants to know more about the haunted house industry, who we are, and what we do...

Just send them to this link...

http://hauntworld.com/haunted_attrac...nformation.php

I hope that this helps you and your business when dealing with city officials who think a haunted house is bad news, to a media person who wants more info about the industry, or whomever and however you think it will benefit your business.

I hope this helps you, and I want you to know I did this, and put hours into its research and many hours typinging for YOUR BENEFIT!

I hope it helps you as you climb the along in this industry.

Thanks
    Larry Kirchner
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Hey Larry, thanks for sharing this info, and for the work that went into creating it!

Allan

Comment

Ditto!
      Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

I to will have to agree with the others.

Larry, after reading what information you have shared, I have never been more optimistic then I am now. I had no idea that haunts do that well and are so successful. I had an idea that they did well, just not to the level that you shared with us in the information provided.

Thanks Larry for doing the research and posting this information so that we may share this with other haunters and the media.

Brian

Comment

I fourth that! Thanks, Larry!
          www.mindseizure.com
          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Now this is the kind of info I can include in proposals. Sponsors, and local media people need to see this kind of stuff.

Good job Larry!!! Thanks for sharing!
            R&J Productions
            Las Vegas, NV
            www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Remember its one thing for you to use this info, copy it or whatever, and its another when you show someone this info on this site it give it more weight. I'm not looking for any benefit from this info, I'm only looking to help all haunters.

But just remember when these people find the info here or you refer people to the link it means more... than if they think you just made it up. Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

That is great. This is just another example of why Hauntworld is one of, if not the best haunted house website and resource. Thanks alot!
                Jared Layman

Comment

....and you will find some of the best "Made-Up" stuff here too!
                  If the rest of the world ever discovers that Halloween night all haunt owners and empolyees are replaced by alien life forces, then all the King's horses and all the King's men won't get the exploding worms interned into the can again!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X