Non-paying haunters!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-paying haunters!!!

EDIT: I just saw a message in my facebook spam folder today from one of these guys, trying to make contact, so until I talk to them I'm going to leave this post edited in hopes of getting this issue taken care of.
    Last edited by hsmag; 02-01-2013, 11:52 PM.

Look into Filing a "Mechanics lien" it relatively easy, you'll get the money some day.

Comment

I've almost given up hope on getting paid. I can accept that, it happens in business. Thing is, I received phone calls and messages out of the blue from other people who claimed to have been going through the same thing as myself. When this happened I started seeing a pattern develop and is why I made this situation known. Had it just been myself that this happened to I probably would not have bothered but if others are going through the same thing then it's likely to happen again in the future to others and I don't want that for anybody else.

Comment

Nice job with the photo and info provided all in one place. This will hopefully make it easier for other vendors to recognize them.

DA

Comment

Welcome to the "Haunt World" ....no pun intended...well maybe just a little.

Sorry to hear that.

Stew

Comment

Rick,

Sorry to hear about your frustrations.
            I don't know anything about the situation, but Mark brought up a valid point.
            I have never put a lein on anyone's property.
            We do 50% down and full balance just prior to delivery. Every time we have not stuck to this contract it has back fired SO, it is the ONLY way we do business now.
            But, My father is a house painter, and whenever he didn't get paid for a job.
            He would put a lein on the person's home and property. If they were to ever try to sell their house, they would NOT be able to unless they paid off that lein.
            It is a valid option that worked for my father time and time again.

Here is a little info on it.
            And I think Mark is right. A Mechanics lein may be the best bet.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you..._owe_you_money
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com
            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a dollar amount LIMIT on a mechanics lien?

For example: some small claim courts have a limit of 3000.00.

Is a mechanics lien any different?

Thanks,
              Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Gore Galore View Post
                We do 50% down and full balance just prior to delivery. Every time we have not stuck to this contract it has back fired SO, it is the ONLY way we do business now.
                http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you..._owe_you_money
                Normally that is how I'll do it as well, Kevin. Half deposit before starting any work, any proofs/concepts they are shown are scaled down and I upload the site with content after the remaining balance has been paid off. However this time two things were different:

1. I had done work for them in the past and they were always good about paying, so I gave them a little leeway and trust in the matter.

2. The website was created in WordPress and being such I couldn't add content to the site before it went live. The content and theme (template) have to be added after the WordPress system is live.

This whole situation has made me review my policy when it comes to WordPress and some changes will be made. From now on I'll require a deposit to begin work on the theme and then before the theme is ever uploaded or any content added the balance will be due.

I'm going to continue to try to reach this person for about a week or so before giving up. I've been trying to reach them for months at various numbers and at their facebook account with little-to-no luck so I'm not sure if this message I received is a genuine attempt at rectifying things or just another attempt to stall.

Comment

I don't know about the strategy of getting paid for some service that has been shut off. If it was still active it has value and you could at least get payments of some amount per month until the amount was paid.

I have never done the mechanics lean thing and when it has been suggested I complained that I don't have 30 years to wait until they sell their property. What I was told is generally people pay in a timely fashion because they don't want that on their credit listing or run into it dening other deals, so they go ahead and pay up.

In my case, we build things and the alternative is I can always sell what I built anywhere and I want it. So extending credit is not really a problem and allows getting jobs that otherwise wouldn't happen as no one ever really has any money until after they have seen customers. Still what ever the product is, sort of has to help make money to earn money and prove it has a value. Then the client not giving it up and going ahead an paying for it makes sense to them.

Of course I never should have sold my hearse, where I could say I'm collecting SOMETHING.
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

If there is a limit I have never heard one. I know one in our village has been one in the $40,000.00 area lately, another years ago over 100,000.

These liens are normally on real land property, (property deeds) recorded at the court house, where value has been added. They can be on personal property also but that may not be effective for collecting. For instance, on a vehicle there's a fair chance of collecting because it has a title that would needs to be tranfered though the State Bureau of Motor vehicles. For work preformed on a internet website, it by nature lacks a third party who is a goverment agency controling transfers.

Comment

mechanics lien

Not sure, but sounds like you built them a web-page? Is it still up? Even if its not up, for the cost of your time you can make another web page, using your knowledge and some SEO, tell your story, make sure you are acurate and tell the truth (dont want to be sued for slander etc..). If anyone does a search for these people or their attraction the SEO should place your web page at or near the top of the search and people can read about what deadbeats they are. Its just a suggestion, when people realize what consequences their actions have sometimes it can cause them to see the error in their ways?

Its just a thought?

Comment

My Dad Filed 2 of them.

Whereas, my Dad's business competitor filed one for EVERY job he did! (Kept this a secret from the customer because they would have seen this as an insult!) Guess who died with more money? My Dad or the other guy? (Hint, it was not my Dad)
                        My Dad lucked-out on the one lein he filed, the lawyer forgot to really file it, but the deadbeat thought there was one, so they paid the old bill!
                        The Old Mexican Curse:"May your life be filled with Lawyers."
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X