HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Dead House Designs Creatures

1. Default Dead House Designs Creatures 
    This is a more refined look at one of our Creature products which is the Kinect based effects we will be showing this year. Again input is greatly appreciated.

DHD

2. Default  
    The look is great, Im curious as to your applications. Can you tell me how this is used?
    Allen H

3. Default  
    Allen,

Really that's up for you to decide. There are two distinct modes for this effect. The first is a real time mode where the creature, in this case a fat zombie, will follow the movements of the person standing in front of the kinect. The second is a playback mode where you can prerecord a person in front of the kinect and loop the playback.

With either mode the ultimate end use is really for you to determine based on your attraction. It could be cue line entertainment, a rules room, or inside your attraction as a distraction point, a scare spot if setup well, or just eye candy.

The idea was to create a flexible effect that can capture the personality of an actor while still existing in the digital realm. Thus being able to extend the story of your attraction instead of you bending the story of your attraction to fit the effect.

The demo at the show will also include live audio and a video feed showing the area immediately in front of the effect allowing for interaction.

DHD

4. Default  
    So it can mimic a patron? THAT sounds cool!
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

5. Default Ohh yes... 
    I've seen and played with this first hand...actually quite entertaining...I spent about 15 minutes "animating" this creature just by frolicking around like a drunk spider monkey...

6. Default  
    I'm looking forward to seeing some XBOX tech hit the industry and find uses for it... I know Microsoft is pushing it hard. So me personally I'm looking forward to seeing it in action because we need to find new ways to incorporate new technology into the industry... if it makes sense, looks cool, and has a wow factory I'm all in! Larry

Thread Information