Silicone Prosthetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicone Prosthetics

What do you guys think of silicone prosthetics, sometimes it is unnecessary to dedicate to full masks and is better to choose prosthetics. Foam works pretty well, but is lacking in that translucency and reusability. Some silicones have a 20 year shelf life and you can use them over and over again if you treat them right. What do you think?

We will see?

I just bought one that is a half mask. I asked the seller if it was reinforced but he told me that it would of messed the movement of the mask up. Is that true? I was just worried it might rip easier since your gluing it to your face and taking it off all the time.

Comment

The adhesive you need to apply silicone prosthetics is pretty expensive, as well as the material its self. Silicone prosthetics dont last much longer thanfoam ones. The thin edges that make them look good also make them fragile. It is not a magical solution is all that im saying, it has many drawbacks.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I have to agree. I don't think there really one ultimate product. Silicone masks have their drawbacks, prosthetics have drawbacks. If you could buy them without a blending edge but they extended all the way back to the hairline do you think that would be a plus?

Comment

same kind of mask

That is the style of silicone half mask that I bought. On the ad the actor had a wig on and it looked like it would help cover up the edges of the mask. I could be wrong but thats what it looked like to me.

Comment

yeah, theres only one company that sells silicone prosthetics correct?

Comment

What do you guys use in your haunts? Masks or prosthetics or a mix of both?

Comment

Working...
              X