Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transworld Seminars --- Which Ones Are you Attending??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld Seminars --- Which Ones Are you Attending??

Which seminars at the TW show seem appealing to you, important to your business, or ones you think you just can't miss? Do you have any insight or are you a speaker at one of these seminars hit us up with details and info!

Here is the link to the seminars themselves... https://registration.haashow.com/eve...ursdaySeminars

I will say that if you get the right speaker which sometimes is rare you can learn a lot. Education is always part of the game, if you feel there is something new you will learn!

I think starting up this thread to discuss all the options for education is good pre-planning to the show.

Lets hear it!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I may consider taking in 1 or 2 seminars this year. It's been a few years since I've attended any. It just seems like some of the speakers aren't really qualified and you leave with no real new info. Was it last year or the year before when apparently someone was telling people how to "get around" certain things as a speaker and an actual fire Marshall was there and got mad and voiced their opinion in front of everyone? I just remember a group laughing about at at the bar, they was funny.

It also seems to be the same 5-10 people speaking every year, including Leonard Pickle lol!

I'd be interested in hearing which ones people are choosing.

Jake

Comment

Me

That was me and it was not as much getting around codes as getting along with your fire marshall which can make or break you many times. She had contacted me wanting to speak I told her I only had an hour and that she should contact TW about speaking. Well she got to speak till I talked over her and she got mad and left which was way stupid! Thats why I don't like to speak seems like there is someone there that seems to think they know more. They may or may not but the point should be respect the person there taking their time to share what they have learned. Shane and it was pretty funny!
      sigpic

Comment

Lol that was you?

She sounds like she could be tough on haunts was she there representing her own haunt? Do you know her jurisdiction?

Jake

Comment

Only there Sat & Sun..

So the one Doug is doing on controllers and the one on capturing video in haunt conditions are possibilities. My tech guy handles that...but I want to know it too. I am sure it is simple stuff but just never handled it. I want to know how to take Dougs 25' roll of pressure mat material, make a lot of step pads ....hook up controllers and time delay to handle my animatronics and trigger video. Looking at having several shacks/rooms with the waist high air pillows. I have a lot of problems with people so scared on our trail they run through my 12' long shacks (back closer to front of field where power is)...make that stop outside shack, peek in, and bolt through it before props deploy. Actually had to redeploy actors just to hold people in shacks forcing them to take time to see things. So...I'm going to add a lot of swamp room style air bags to slow them down, hide the pressure pads under them. Dougs presentation sounds like what I need. And then capture it all on video....I'm always disgusted with video & pics we get ...looks like crap and I refuse to post crap for fear it will give a "that place must be crap" sense to people who see it.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I have been to about 6 different seminars over the years and only really enjoyed one of the 6 as far as knowledge and presentation. Most of the others were common sense or regurgitated material from a vendors DVD or article they wrote. Some of them word for word. I would prefer a make and take demonstration setup so I can really get hands on.
            Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Jake

Yes she works for a haunt as well. I tried to explain to her as she tried to interrupt me several times that it's how each Fire Marshall interprets the codes. She really wanted to speak finally I told her just because she reads it one way does not mean thats how it is. Bla, bla, bla finally I said well I am here speaking and your not which means this is my show for an hour so sit back and listen or if you don't agree with me you then you have that right. She got up and left and she left mad LOL. Shane and it's she wanted to speak so bad!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                Yes she works for a haunt as well. I tried to explain to her as she tried to interrupt me several times that it's how each Fire Marshall interprets the codes. She really wanted to speak finally I told her just because she reads it one way does not mean thats how it is. Bla, bla, bla finally I said well I am here speaking and your not which means this is my show for an hour so sit back and listen or if you don't agree with me you then you have that right. She got up and left and she left mad LOL. Shane and it's she wanted to speak so bad!
                Damn! Lol sorry I missed that seminar!

Grimley I agree most are just repeating the same info every year and probably just like to be thought of as an expert and speaker!

Jake

Comment

Well, Im' not sure but I hope to attend the trailer haunt and hayride seminars. Like others have said, i think it is hit or miss. I hope that I get 2 or 3 good pieces of information or ideas from each. That I figure is the break even (2 ideas/$50=$25 idea. Sonce we charge $6 ticket, we only have to sell 9 more tickets to recoup the cost. The other seminar is research for a second venue. And since it is a non-profit haunt they get information for free because I am dumb enough to pay for this on my own. But that is what a non-profit haunt is all about.
                  I hope to make the days I need, but will have to wait and see, you know how work can get in the way....

Comment

i have gone to a few over the years of attending and i myself find they are more of an infomercial of them trying to sell there products and not really teaching anything

Comment

Shane you did fine with her last year, she was looking to make you look stupid and be argumentative. I go to anything with Allen hoops, he is one of those guys that is down to earth and does not act like he is a haunt god. Last year the best that I went to was with the guys from Forsaken in Mentor Ohio they were great. I under stand that Larry is doing a class this year with John from Forsaken this year, John also owns the worlds largest haunt too.

Phattman
                      Phatman

Comment

Phattman

LOl Thanks! Honestly and this is just my opinion I think EVERYTHING has been covered in one way or another by one person or another. I think we need to focus on where this Haunt Industry is headed. I think an open debate with eveyone wanting to attend would be great. I still see this Industry as limited when compaired to the many other things in this world. Again this is only my opinion. Shane and it's I am just one of many !
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by austind View Post
                          Shane you did fine with her last year, she was looking to make you look stupid and be argumentative. I go to anything with Allen hoops, he is one of those guys that is down to earth and does not act like he is a haunt god. Last year the best that I went to was with the guys from Forsaken in Mentor Ohio they were great. I under stand that Larry is doing a class this year with John from Forsaken this year, John also owns the worlds largest haunt too.

Phattman
                          Phattman, I'm curious who acts like they are a haunt god?

Jake

Comment

I agree that a lot of speakers are nothing more than infomercials I totally agree. I think in most cases maybe 25% of the seminars are actually worthwhile, to the point, speaker knows what he's talking about, and you walk away with good info. On the other hand the seminars aren't really that expensive so its hard to complain or feel like in some way it wasn't worth the price.

I know my seminar will hands down be the do not miss seminar... I'm going to help you make more money, raise your attendance and save you tens of thousands of dollars. Essentially that is what my seminar is about.

Don't miss it!

Or else!

LOL

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Death wing

Most of the speakers are great there are a few that I would not go to again. The ones that I don't like are like Larry said, they are pushing a product or thier services more than the information that you went there for. One guys answer to most of the questions was to have him design your haunt for you, and left me feeling that he thought that his pompous ass was the end all be all of the haunt industry. I won't say his name because it not fair to him. I have not done a class with Larry yet and think I will try this year, I have watched every DVD he has made and know his knowledge invaluable. Like I said the guys that have really wowed me are few, but most have been good. If you go to a class and learn one thing that will help its worth the $50, now I expect at Larry's class I will learn a encyclopedias worth of information. No pressure Larry, I am a slow learner.

Phatman
                              Phatman

Comment

Working...
                              X