Another Haunt ripping off website, images, and video images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Haunt ripping off website, images, and video images

I wanted to post this to let others know of the videos TopHam Terrors haunted house have up. They have stolen my video images along with Blood Manor. I do not know if they have any other haunts images on these. I know that they have copied Blood Manor's website that Rogues Hollow did for them.
    Here is their video:

Bart Butler
    HobNob Productions
    http://www.brainchowstudios.com

And another one....
    Bart Butler
    HobNob Productions

Comment

Here is our video to compare...
      Bart Butler
      HobNob Productions

Comment

Did I see some video images from the Transworld Video in their commercial as well?
        Owner & Host - Flatline Radio
        "Keeping our fingers on the absent pulse of the Haunt Industry."
        sigpic
        flatlineradio.podomatic.com

Comment

Did you contact them... I would have already sent a nasty email!

Crooks!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

oh yes...to them and webmaster /web designer
            Bart Butler
            HobNob Productions

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the support here on Hauntworld. This has been playing out a bit on Facebook so yes the owner has been contacted by one of my clients that he stole from but he didn't get too far. He basically told my client that since he added a moon and some lighting that he now owns the image! What's scary is this is not the first time I've heard this type of reasoning. The video was basically downloaded then the "designer" I'm assuming at Darknet designs just slipped in a few clips from another haunted house and called it his own. At this point its more up to my clients that have been stolen from to go after this guy but I know a lot of people on facebook are giving not only the Topham haunt owner grief but also the so called designer that built the site and video. From what I know Lawyers will be getting involved soon so I'll be sure to post a reply when I hear more. I've posted about this in detail on my blog if anyone's interested in getting the full scoop: http://rogueshollow.com/blogs/

Chris
              Christopher Brielmaier
              Rogues Hollow Productions
              www.RoguesHollow.com
              www.myspace.com/rogueshollow
              info@rogueshollow.com
              PH: 614.408.3137

Other people build websites, We build Results

Comment

Originally posted by Spoils View Post
                I wanted to post this to let others know of the videos TopHam Terrors haunted house have up. They have stolen my video images along with Blood Manor. I do not know if they have any other haunts images on these. I know that they have copied Blood Manor's website that Rogues Hollow did for them.
                Here is their video:

This sh*thead is not just ripping off images . . . he's ripping off characters that are referenced in the images. You would assume, as a customer seeing the vid, that that character would be at the haunt. That's just a dick move on all levels.

C.

Comment

Nice videos, after looking at their Facebook photos it's quite obvious it's not footage from their haunt since it looks like a pile of sh*t. Low life crooks is what they are.

I just listened to the big scary show and the guy in Canada wants American Haunters to reach out to them and help them evolve as we have. This is counter productive to that for sure.

Jake

Comment

The quality is not there. He is filming a computer screen of the video.
                    You can see the edges bounce around.

Its easy to get him booted from facebook and youtube

Stew

Comment

This is listed as a home haunt on the Canadian Haunters Association web site. Is this just a kid playing haunted house in his garage? Did not seem like he was a pro haunter and he did not think a back yard haunt commercial would get this much attention. If this is so then he needs to learn that you can't go out and steal what you want. I am a person that does not allow or own a bootleg DVD or CD. It's just the way I am and I make my son pay for his music too. Well I pay and he listens, but no down loaded stuff unless its paid for. I hope this is just some kid that made a mistake and now he should know better. The way the world is now you can get anything free on a torrent site and kids think that just the way it's done. Just think we used to get a friend LP and record it on our cassette deck to play in our cars, now you just down load it to your phone. And as a last thought, This is why they need input from the USA, to let them know what is proper and not, I see stuff that is original and cool at TW and then at MHC two other guys have almost the same thing, is this right or is it wrong of them. I deal a lot with Canada and find them to be more ethical to deal with than some of the guys here in Detroit.

Phatman
                      Phatman

Comment

Their website has been taken down.

This isn't something lawyers should be involved with, especially since it probably is just a technologically smart kid, but he'll get knocked down by his customers/visitors when they see this and realize that NONE of the quality stuff in the video is in his haunt. Let him dig his own grave, he'll learn the hard way on his own. Just get him kicked from Facebook and Youtube, the site is already down, I think this kid is realizing he has made a huge mistake, but don't kill him over it. I'd let it pass and see if he does anything stupid again before bringing out the pitchforks and torches.

Comment

We were contacted by the owner of TopHam Terrors. He told us it was Darknet Designs who did the video for him. So they (Darknet Designs) knew better.
                          Bart Butler
                          HobNob Productions

Comment

I don't know who Darknet is and now don't want to. Bart you should check out the other web sites he has done to see if he is using your stuff on others. Darknet should know better and should be held accountable for using it.

Phatman
                            Phatman

Comment

Very true.....but who's DarkNet Designs?? I've never heard of them....have any of us heard of them? Is it their own sub-company??

Comment

Working...
                              X