forced perspective--going down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forced perspective--going down

I'm new to haunting and am so glad to have found this forum!!! Is there a way to make the people feel like they're descending, like to an underground tunnel? We have plenty of space.

Welcome!

Welcome to the forums!

I think the easiest way to make people feel underground would be to build a platform maybe 1-2 feet off the ground going back to a few scenes before the descent. You could certainly make use of the ramp up for theming too, but once guests are up, the goal would be to give them enough time to forget that they had gone uphill. Then, you could send them down the ramp into a cellar/sewer themed set and I think it would feel a lot more realistic that way.

Of course, if you couldn't do the ramp up, there's a few other ideas you could use to simulate the feeling of being underground:

-Ceilings that get lower going down a hallway
    -Building a fake staircase into the first "underground" scene to establish the setting
    -Just theming the scene as a cellar will get you 90% if none of the above are plausible. (Keep in mind that guests are more focused on what's up ahead versus the believeability of how they got to a certain setting.)

Hope this helps!

-Collin
    *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

you could build a fake elevator scene, or you could build a set that makes it seem like they are walking into the side of a hill like this....
      2077619919_ec3c8e5923.jpg
      then they feel as if they have walked under what is above the hill, a few sewer sets would really help sell it, or theme the entrance as a crypt in a grave yard and the rest of the hill is covered in grave stones....do you get that concept, its kinda hard to explain with a minimum of typing and diagrams ?
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Sorry for the delay in thanking you guys. I didn't realize my settings wouldn't send me notifications that there had been replies. Gonna fix that right away!!

These are awesome ideas!! Thanks so much!!!

Comment

I have a dark hallway that is a ramp to the vortex and after the vortex its a distinct ramp down into caves that make them feel under ground. I get comments all the time on how did we get underground. LOL
          Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Working...
          X