Alligator Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alligator Prop

We are switching back to our Swamp theme this year and I am searching for a decent alligator prop - seems most big ones I find are $1000-3000......and the ones that I do find that are $200 or under are sold out or no longer made. Does anyone know of any companies selling alligator props?

Looking for something at least 5-6feet long...the bigger the better. We could possibly even just go with a really large alligator head if needed. - we can always make one if we absolutely have to but would rather spend our time making the things we can't find.

Any help would be great, Thanks!

We are making these for our zoo scene. Great idea!
    alligators.jpg

Comment

Thanks!

That's awesome hahahaha very cool idea....not quite what we are after but thats a cool idea.

Comment

incredible

Originally posted by spookhaven View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15474[/ATTACH]
        those are amazing wow great realism how ever are they made .they look so realistic

Comment

they look like thier made out of tires. looks like a great easy way to do it.

stew

Comment

Evernight,
            Will you be at transworld? If you will then swing by the house of boo booth and we can talk gator. I have been itching to make a few anyway.
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

No Transworld for us -

Unfortunately we are skipping Transworld this year...will be the first time in like 6 years - we decided to skip it because we spent most of our budget for the year already on a vortex and a few other things. Would have loved to stop by and toss some ideas around.

Right now we are leaning towards sculpting one out of foam or clay and making a mold - we want something that can come up out of the water and maybe open its mouth which is the easy part....it's getting it to look fairly convincing that will be the hard part.

Comment

if you need help with sculpting or molding questions dont hesitate to call me.
                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We have one for sale

We have a 2011 Distortions alligator for sale Send me a message for details .. Thanks

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

blue prints

Originally posted by spookhaven View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]15474[/ATTACH]
                      Can you send the blue print on how you are making these.. I would love to make a couple for my swamp...

Send it to lincolns_asylum@yahoo.com

Thanks

Comment

ubelievable alligator

Oh oh oh me 2 Please frightteam@yahoo.com thanks in advance

Comment

We haven't started ours yet. I will once we make them. Probably a month out yet. One of our folks found these pictures. We are going to try them out.

Comment

Ive got a natural swamp that could really use one or two of these gators as well. Id love to have the blueprints or hire someone to make a couple for me after they do some trial and error with them! What tool is best for cutting tires? Ive tried a few and the saws all doesnt do it all with tires!

Comment

Originally posted by Evernight View Post
                              We are switching back to our Swamp theme this year and I am searching for a decent alligator prop - seems most big ones I find are $1000-3000......and the ones that I do find that are $200 or under are sold out or no longer made. Does anyone know of any companies selling alligator props?

Looking for something at least 5-6feet long...the bigger the better. We could possibly even just go with a really large alligator head if needed. - we can always make one if we absolutely have to but would rather spend our time making the things we can't find.

Any help would be great, Thanks!
                              I'll have to check the condition of the mother mold we made for our 16' gator...but if it's still solid I could price it out for you. Our original pour had a custom welded animatronic in it...but you could do just the form. I would guess the foam itself would be around $400-$500. You could paint it yourself and save a few bucks there.

I think the similar DU static gator was around 2k. The other issue would be shipping...It's obviously "oversize" and about 60lbs. I'd purchased a couple of the small ones from little spider, but they didn't hold up in commercial use.

If you want to see a pic of the ones I did email me at desautell@gmai.com and I'll dig them up.
                              Kathryn DeSautell
                              Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

Working...
                              X