walking distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walking distance

How do you calculate walking distance relative to to time, for instance how many walking feet for a 15 minute haunted attraction.

Thanks.

Boy... Show length based on walking distance....
    I dont think it is that simple. Hallway width, light levels, actors all those things play into how long it takes to get through a haunt. I will say a guideline, but based on their show someone will most likely disagree as soon as I post it. I consider 2-3 minutes of show per thousand square feet. That is a guide line, some haunts stretch longer and some really race them through. Normally I can look at a floor plan and be within a minute of how long it takes to go through the show.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Well I know my show is 903' long on paper but that can take people anywhere between 12-35 minutes depending on how much they run! I would say the best way to determine time length is to simply start at the front of your show with a stop watch and calmly walk through and this would be an average length.
      Matthew Rairden
      Circle of Ash Haunted Attraction
      Project Manager
      Find us on Facebook
      www.circleofash.com

Comment

Its all in the scares and sets

[QUOTE=Vengence;146866]Well I know my show is 903' long on paper but that can take people anywhere between 12-35 minutes depending on how much they run! /QUOTE]

Yeah that was going to be my reply. Mine can take 15 minutes or it can take 30 minutes. Some like to take their time and take in all the detail. Others close their eyes and run like hell. We actually had to put up obstacles this year becayse I had a long hallway that was split into separate rooms, but still people were just sprinting to the end. We broke it up with a maze, props, and actors to slow things down a bit.

We are adding two more rooms and shifting some things around a bit this year, which will slow them down even more, so even though we are about the same footage, it will still take longer for people to walk through.
        Travis "Big T" Russell
        President
        Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

This is almost 9mins at 2400sqft.

Comment

here's a capacity study

PNE Hollywood Capacity Study.pdf

Comment

Working...