Future Tradeshow Location - St Louis Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Tradeshow Location - St Louis Weather

It's a good thing Transworld is not this weekend St Louis is getting terrible weather. Heavy snow, inches of ice, string winds etc. I read more than 140 flights are cancelled. Hope the weather is nice in two weeks.

Jake

I found a 15-day forecast for St Louis. Looks like March 7th will be cool but dry. Probably a good idea to start watching the weather channel as the date gets closer...

http://www.myforecast.com/bin/expand...7&metric=false
    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Badger,

I hope you're right but you know how weather is it can change from one day to the next. I think forecasts about a week out should be fairly reliable.

Jake

Comment

Agreed. But I will be monitoring the forecast everyday from this point out.
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Quiet you guys!

You will get people clamoring for Orlando next year.

Comment

Orlando? Is that such a bad thing? Sounds good to me.

Comment

Yes going to Orlando is bad...

Warm weather, more hotels than you can imagine, add a cruise, Universal Studios, or Disney while there as an extended stay. But; find out what vendors go to a show there who are at St. Louis and get their summary.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Yes the weather is really bad here today... let me just say ST LOUIS weather is hard to predict. One minute it snows the next minute its 70 degrees outside. Next years show if you didn't hear is like March 22nd or something. Better for everyone in my opinion.

I will tell you the bad is hurting us today... we can't work.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Sorry to hear that Larry. But I disagree having it so late in the month is good. It's already down to the wire with vendors as it is it's nice having that extra 10 days to 2 weeks head start. I'm sure it buys you more time to get your haunt ready but you get your new props before anyone else does, but eveyone else has to order at the show and wait on them to arrive.

Jake
                  Last edited by Deathwing; 02-21-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Its not bad here in Michigan it 21 degrees out side and sunny. You can keep all that snow and slush down there.

Phatman
                    Phatman

Comment

Just stirring the pot...

I know this side subject of where to have show has been kicked around many times. There is a huge show in Orlando with initials something like IAAPA...sure I have it wrong; that coincides with deer season in Michigan in Nov. for amusements. I know a few vendors in St. Louis show have been to Orlando. Thats who I would like to see chime in. We may get hammered one year in St. Louis...even late March. But if St. Louis is where VENDORS want to go that is where I will be. Looks like the vendors know the ins & outs of St. Louis and dealing with the arena. I mean when a vendor like Fright Props jumps in on forum and gives a LOT of advice to other vendors it looks like the system has been learned for dealing with the headaches of getting set up.

But if it moves....Orlando baby!

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Bad weather in St Louis

I'm sure the snow will be gone in March. I remember a post by Larry a few years ago when people were discussing the move from Chicago to St Louis. Larry said it never snows in St Louis in March. Wait a minute; I think it was snowing two years ago in St Louis during TW... But I'm sure it won't snow this year, right Larry!

Remember TW about 10 years ago in Chicago when they got about 10" of snow. We were stuck in Chicago and couldn't fly out. I think the power went out that year while we were at the Crazy Bob party too. A bunch of haunters in costume in a dark room... Those were the dayz!

Kelly

Comment

Weather...

Last 2 years there were Tornado issues, last year Branson got wiped out, 2011 the Airport got hit - all around the show dates. Just shows ya just don't know.

Heck we got SNOW in Phoenix yesterday... SNOW! It was 78 degrees here 2 weeks ago for The Phoenix Open.. lol. See ya in 2 weeks, can't wait!!

SNOW.jpg

Comment

At the Arch...

Sat. night at 10:00 pm at the Arch....snowball fight!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes it did snow here the very first year we had the show... however if you can recall it started snowing around 12am at night and when you woke up it was 75 degrees and the snow was GONE! That is St Louis!

Its still snowing here right now... we are probably going to get a foot of snow maybe!

But I can pretty much assure you in a couple days it will all be gone and when you guys get here it will be warm!

St Louis has the best springs in the WORLD... its perfect! We have terrible summer, terrible winter, and actually our falls is great to because it doesn't snow and it doesn't really rain.

Trust me it will be warm for the show I'm banking on it.

As far as moving the show back... I'm more in favor or moving it BACK! We have more buyers than ever before BUYING in the winter now keeping many vendors busy year around. I think the extra two weeks will be a benefit!

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                              X