Thanks for your questions. I normally do not get asked about the auction. Let me take them one at a time:
1) Can anyone bring stuff to be in the auction?
Yes, anyone can put items in the auction. We try to limit the live auction to 15-20 of the largest items in order to keep the auction fairly short and quick paced. We run the live auction for about one hour on Sunday morning. Smaller items are put in in a silent auction that runs for two hours.
2) Are items animatronics or smaller items?
Both. Last year, our main sponsor Scareparts auctioned off a number of animatronics. We also had a large number of small items in the silent auction.
3) If there are animatronics what's the average cost they go for?
As with any auction that is hard to say. I would guess that most of the larger items went for 10-20% under retail but we have had items that have sold for more that they were priced for on the tradeshow floor. LOL Like any auction people get caught up in the action and then anything can happen.
4) If we bring stuff what percentage of the sale does the owner get?
There is a 10% sellers premium which means you keep 90% of the selling price. Minimum reserves can be set ahead of time. The other 10% goes to our local actors group Feature Creatures. They provide most of the volunteers for the weekend.
If you want to put something into the auction please contact Kelly Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org as he handles all of the auction arrangements.