Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wall ideas for a elementary school house....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall ideas for a elementary school house....

Hello,

New here. I am already planning a house for 2013 for the local elementary school.

I want to do away with the classic black plastic and wanted to do something a little more professional.

Been trying to find a way to do walls that are sturdier that black plastic but cannot afford ocb board nor is it usefull for storage or PTA moms to set up.

I am looking at 1x8 wood as frames for the walls.

Has anybody used Poly Board? I found 4x50 ft rools at home depot for $30. 4 rolls would cover the floor walls and ceiling. Its a paper/cardoard material that is used to prevent underneath floor stains.

Also is 1x8's able to make a decent wall structure? I am looking at it because they are only 84 cents each.

Thanks,

What ever you use it must be flame retardant. Here is a link to a story that you should see. Just because it is a PTA event there needs to be care taken to make sure it is safe. Try to see if a local haunt my loan you some walls they are not using, I know some have old walls that are a little run down that just sit. Good luck.

http://www.sfm.illinois.gov/document...0Buildings.pdf

Phatman
    Phatman

Comment

Where are you located?

And well, how long will this be set up? Typical throughout?

Comment

Classic black plastic?? :roll:

Comment

Talk to the PTA/PTO and the school's drama dept. Also talk to the local middle and high school's drama departments. They may have walls you can borrow.

Comment

Where to purchase Black Plastic Anti-static FR rated

http://www.globalplasticsheeting.com/
            Ask for Lee Hinsley he has rolls the same cost as Home Depot, FR rated.

Comment

Working...
            X