Shot in the Dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot in the Dark

OK... so today I received a email from Shot in the Dark. I have tried to contact them since last year. Right before Halloween I finally received my horn from them. It was a piece of crap. The horn was NOT what I paid over $400 for at transworld. The horn itself was a cheep piece of plastic that had very little sound, the lights did not work at all, wires were not soldered and I had to redo them. I NEVER received a return phone call from them nor a response to my emails. I sent them a ruturn email that was very up front basically asking them what they were going to do about the crap they sent out last year.
    Are they being allowed to have a booth at transworld again? Seriously I am not the only one who had this problem. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! The horns they had last year at transworld were cool the one I was sent was crap.

This vendor is surely CASH and CARRY only. We tried to buy a horn and only received it a few days before opening, and we were VERY lucky.

I am surprised some vendors are welcome at shows with the way they treat their customers.

Comment

Yes they will be at the show this year. I saw on there Facebook page a couple days ago. A new line-up of props that they have made.
      ~Bill Mlinac
      The Deadland Haunted House
      www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
      www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Shot in the Dark

Looking forward to see the new goodies that Mike has come up with for this year. I have ordered from these guys for 3-4 years now and everything still works great, durable and my actors LOVE to use them.

Dan Augusto
        Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

Well thats ONE person who is happy with them... but last year there was a thread on here that pretty much EVERYONE was having trouble with them. If you order from this company dont say you were not warned. I did post on their facebook page...After a year I finally got an answer. They are going to replace the horn supposedly. I will let you know when they do but Im not going to hold my breath till it happens.

Originally posted by Dman View Post
          Looking forward to see the new goodies that Mike has come up with for this year. I have ordered from these guys for 3-4 years now and everything still works great, durable and my actors LOVE to use them.

Dan Augusto
          Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

Slow...

But I got my stuff. Sparking knife set runs all night on a battery charge. Really a good thing for actors that lack intensity if you feel comfortable with them holding sparking items around customers. Would not give to someone who can't think safety safety safety and then thrusting them into someones face.

Wicked Farmer
            Last edited by wickedfarmer; 03-01-2013, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Take a Shot in the Dark

I ordered from Mike last year in late May early June with a promised delivery of August. Never saw them. I had repeated promises from Mike that I would get them all the way up to October. After October I laid off for a bit and I was able to get him tracked down at Transworld and finally got the gloves I ordered from him there.

The products look and work great, I just never understood what the problem was getting them shipped on time to me. If your going to deal with him, it has to be cash and carry.

Rob
              Fairbanks Asylum
              Farthest North Haunt in the country!

Comment

Going on 5 weeks..... still nothing. Glad I did not hold my breath or I would be a permanent part of my haunt this year.

Comment

7 weeks. Still nothing. Anyone else having any luck with these guys?

Comment

Looks like ordering from Shot In The Dark is turning out to be a shot in the dark. *rim shot*

Comment

I would say maybe you can track him down at the MHC this year if he's there, he was last year. Email him and let him know you are going to be looking your your stuff from him. It's what I had to do at Transworld.

Comment

Over two months now. I have been posting on their facebook asking when I will receive it, no reply for quit a while. Wont be at MCH. Guess I will keep posting on facebook and here until he comes through. However if I were anyone else I WOULD NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. They have some real issues and since they seem unable or unwilling to fix them I am guessing that they will get nothing but worse.

Comment

I was looking to get a product or two from them, but this incident has topped the cake for me with them. I will be buying something else. I really wanted to try some of their stuff too

Comment

Best shot is to track him down at a show. That way he can't doge so easy.

Rob
                            Fairbanks Asylum

Comment

We have been using several of their products for the past 3-4 years, including a custom prop. Works great and never had any real issues with Mike and his crew. Only bummer part is the how often I have to refill my co2 tank for the fog blast mask, but that's not their fault, my actors love the effect just too much!

-Joel-
                              Heartstoppers
                              Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                              www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Working...
                              X