Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read, Rate and Review on HauntersDigest.com... Shot in the Dark
    http://www.hauntersdigest.com/vendor...k-scare-tools/
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

I'd love to see a video of this fog mask in action!
      Kirk Boemmel
      Dark Ghost Manor
      www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

I'm 90% positive these are the two owners of Shot in the Dark. Perhaps reaching them through Facebook may help resolve some of your product issues?

https://www.facebook.com/touchofdeathjewelry

https://www.facebook.com/SWChainsaw
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I received an email over a month ago now saying that they were going to replace last years crap and send me a free gift to make up for it. Im thinking GREAT at least I will have something I can use this year. Unfortunately I AM STILL WAITING?!!! Why take the time to send an email then not follow through? Its not rocket science... you replace something that should have never made it out of your workshop in the first place. Quit the crap... just get it DONE!

Comment

I hear exactly what you are saying. I went through it last year from June till the Transworld show in March. I couldn't figure it out myself. The amount of promises that were made and never followed through on. I got the same promise of getting the spark knives set and a free gift. Although I was happy to get the spark gloves. Never did get the free item.

But once again it came down to chasing him down at a show. As for facebook, we had some negative comments about their lack of shipping and broken promises. But those comments have all been discarded. I really wish Facebook had a dislike button as well as a like button.

Though Mike has to realize how bad his reputation in the industry is. And either he doesn't care, or he thinks his product is so great that people will come anyhow.

Just my 2 cents

Rob
            Fairbanks Asylum

Comment

Almost to July. Still NOTHING! Hope those who ordered from them this year are getting their stuff and it isnt the crap they sent me.

Comment

So after recieving emails on two separate occasions that they were BUILDING my horn gun and would have it out to me along with some other things to make me happy I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A DANG THING! Why bother emailing if you are not even going to bother following through? The next convention I am at I am going to stand in front of their booth and tell everyone what my experience has been.

Comment

I found your prop. They sold it to someone else: http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...highlight=shot

Sorry about the sarcasm. Just goes to show that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what customers some vendors deliver to and which they don't. Maybe it helps to give them a good review in this thread.

Comment

That is Incorrect

The item I purchased was the Brand New Shredder Saw that Shot in the Dark now produces. We all have different experiences with different vendors. I have dealt with Mike from day one and have 1 of every one of his props. I have ordered direct with no issues as well as at trade shows and I've had only Positive experiences with Mike. I have never had any failure from his products, the biggest issue was a couple of times we had to replace terminal ends from changing out the batteries. We ordered a dozen of the batteries online for $9.00 each and kept spares charging at all times.

Thanks,

Dan Augusto
                    Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

I do cash and carry at shows due to the fact that it hard to get dependable service from them. He know he has a issue, I have talked to him about it and he really has no response when asked directly face to face.
                      Phatman

Comment

Originally posted by Dman View Post
                        The item I purchased was the Brand New Shredder Saw that Shot in the Dark now produces. We all have different experiences with different vendors. I have dealt with Mike from day one and have 1 of every one of his props. I have ordered direct with no issues as well as at trade shows and I've had only Positive experiences with Mike. I have never had any failure from his products, the biggest issue was a couple of times we had to replace terminal ends from changing out the batteries. We ordered a dozen of the batteries online for $9.00 each and kept spares charging at all times.

Thanks,

Dan Augusto
                        Owner Tombstone Productions
                        What I meant was that he should have built the OP's product (whatever it was) before he started on your product (whatever it was). As many vendors point out in their defense, there are only so many hours in a day. But why would they then take and fill a new order when there is another one that has sat unfinished for months?

Comment

So... never received a thing from these guys. Sent them a email yesterday letting them know that I will be spreading the word that their business sucks. I will also be at the next big convention so that I can stand in front of their booth and let everyone see what a piece of crap they sent me. They would have been WAY better off doing the right thing and taking care of business. As soon as this season is over I am going to search out every dang haunt forum that I can find and let everyone know my experiences.

Comment

I feel your pain

Totally. I started a thread a few years ago. Same thing. Ordered at Transworld 2011. Months later no shipment, promises, promises, promises, the 2011 fall season came and went, I started pressing again in Jan.

Mike returned one message saying that he filled the orders that he could but when it got close to the fall season, he had to pick between his haunt and filling orders. He chose to set up his haunt. No heads up for unfilled orders, no refunds or anything. After that he didn't return my calls or emails. I started blasting them on hauntworld, facebook and the like. After I sent a personal message saying I was going to call visa and report fraud (because I paid for a not received product a year before hand) and that I would stand in front of their booth at transworld and talk to everyone that came by, they sent me my items and some little extra thing I didn't want. I cant remember if it was 14 or 16 months after I place the order.

Yeah, I won't ever do business with them again. If you do cash and carry only with them, I'd never place an order with them. I figured he would fix the issues. It is actually not that hard to do business well, you just have to have some respect for your customers.
                            Lucas Cox
                            Cox Farms
                            www.Fieldsoffear.com

Comment

This is just an ongoing issue with the haunt industry... its so easy to become a vendor you just buy a booth at TW, or you make some posts on a forum and well put up a website. I have learned not only from these forums and hearing about peoples experiences with vendors but first hand... personally and typically I don't post about my bad experiences with vendors I simply never use them again and tell everyone I know not to use them.

It really depends on how far they go before I'll get on here and blast away but more times than not I shy away from that... there is always two sides to a story even if one person is not telling the truth. We've seen a lot of good people get scammed by vendors over the years, we've seen a lot of vendors here today gone tomorrow. But you know this has worked both ways haunts screwing vendors...

Sometimes you have a very unreasonable customer blah, blah, blah... personally I've mainly purchased from people I've known, trust or done business with in the past. Funny thing is I trust Gore Galore but honestly never bought much of anything from him for 15 plus years... now we are doing lots of stuff with him. It takes time to develop a working relationship especially when one person is very critical and picky (MYSELF) LOL.

I never ordered from Fright Props either until really the last year or so ... again 20 years in the making. Some vendors I' use to order a lot from like all the time every year now hardly at all if ever... you find a comfort zone with a vendor and from there you can build trust, share idea's and build a future together.

I wouldn't ever order from ANYONE just because I like something they did like I said for me its taken 15 plus years to develop a relationship with some, while other relationship that worked for 15 years don't work anymore.

Learn about the people you order from, know them, trust them, and LIKE THEM PERSONALLY before you order anything.

I'll throw something out there that new company that made those animated mannequins I liked them however I don't know anything about them so no matter how much I liked them I didn't order anything. IF that company reached out and I knew more about them maybe I would do something... hey I'm not like everyone else but I dont' like getting burned by anyone. I know one thing I've never done is burn anyone... and I never will!

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Shot in The Dark

Just to let some of you know that there ARE happy customer's of Shot in the Dark and I am one.
                                Maybe it was luck, phase of the moon or location, but we have always gotten our working product as promised.
                                Not saying that others are wrong, just that those with bad experiences tend to be quicker to pull the trigger on complaints than those with OK experiences are with compliments.
                                Just saying ...
                                http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Working...
                                X