Do you belong to HAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you belong to HAA

My question is do you belong to the Haunted Attraction Association? Or do you have another that you have joined. I am a person who thinks that a national organization is good for dealing with industry issues that a individual is to small to go deal with. I am planning on joining again now that my membership has lapsed but did not know if there were better options. I am not posting this to start a debate but just to see what everyone else is doing and why.

Phatman
    Phatman

I am, only because of the auction
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Thanks Tater, I love your tag line it is like you are talking directly at me. What auction? Remember I'm a little slow.

Phatman
      Phatman

Comment

The HAA Auction I think its Saturday afternoon. I always donate myself in hopes someone wants me for a weekend.
        Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

I usually don't do auctions because I'm to competitive and hate to lose so I tend to over pay just to win.

Phatman
          Phatman

Comment

True

Originally posted by austind View Post
            My question is do you belong to the Haunted Attraction Association? Or do you have another that you have joined. I am a person who thinks that a national organization is good for dealing with industry issues that a individual is to small to go deal with. I am planning on joining again now that my membership has lapsed but did not know if there were better options. I am not posting this to start a debate but just to see what everyone else is doing and why.

Phatman
            True but sadly its dead in the water! I think I speak for many! Shane and it's WAS A GOOD THING WAS!
            sigpic

Comment

It would be nice if we had an organization that could work on a haunt specific set of national fire codes for haunts only, building codes and such. We should be setting the standards so that FM and building departments have standard that fit the haunt industry and don't have to go off of standards set for other venues. Over the last few years I think the biggest reasons for haunts going out of business was the cost of meeting fire codes. Now that the economy stinks those haunts that did do the modifications to meet code were so strapped for cash that they couldn't make it through the tough times. If we were more proactive we could set reasonable standards that fit our needs. I have talked to 3 different FM and got 3 different interpretations of the same code, it's like they don't know what they should do with a haunted house. Shane I think you should heads this up for the industry, I was in your class last year and saw how well you dealt with the FM in the class. LOL

Phatman
              Phatman

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                True but sadly its dead in the water! I think I speak for many! Shane and it's WAS A GOOD THING WAS!
                Truer words were never spoken. It's the same people running it every year too.

DA

Comment

Joined several different variations of said organization but none seem worth it.
                  Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Associations for this industry just don't work and honestly in the end aren't really needed. If you hadn't noticed we've never had more haunt industry PEACE in years! I feel its because there is no association to divide people... let people think for themselves and argue, debate or discuss things on an open forum.

I think too often we get people wanting to run these things for the WRONG reasons... take the new association for example. Same President four years straight I think... c'mon already! Why?

The very first thing they did was to alienate people they didn't like ... what is new there? That is the story of associations in our industry past and present. These are my opinions and its the way I feel about it if you feel different do as you please. But I think you'll realize its like pouring water down the drain.

Show me the benefit to joining! Keep your money avoid them all together and let the thing die the sooner the better. If an association could or would actually do some good for all I would be 110% in favor if it embraced all haunts, all people as equal and the boards and officers rotated yearly, and lastly updated their website at the very least. LOL. The current HHA hasn't updated the news section in two years! Check it for yourself. So that begs the question what do they do?

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Wow you are right about the newest posted item I saw was from 2009. I was a member but never receive any thing from them other than a email thanking me for joining. That was years ago and I don't think they have done anything ever since. Just wanted to know if I was missing anything. Doesn't look like I have. Well not one person has said that it was worth joining and they did not place a post so it must be true what Shane said and they are dead. Thanks for the input guys.

Phatman
                      Phatman

Comment

Why is it the same guy is allowed to be president for so long? Aren't there term limits? It feels a lot like the old IAHA again.

DA

Comment

Dark

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          Why is it the same guy is allowed to be president for so long? Aren't there term limits? It feels a lot like the old IAHA again.

DA
                          LOL it is!!!!!!!! Shane and that's what it is exactly!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I joined!

They took my money made me sign up and I got a button! Thats it! No correspondence no info, no discounts no voting rights nothing, just took my dues and forgot about me! Although I would love to have some set standards when it comes to the FM cause I would like to tell mine to F OFF!
                            Joe Phillips
                            The Shallow Grave
                            Winter Haven FL
                            http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

Associations...

I know no one personally on any of these groups. So when I step on your toes now...sorry...but tough. I have been DEEPLY involved with farm associations. Good ones...bad ones and wastes of time ones. Common thing I saw among the farm groups was we had 3 types on boards of directors. Ones there for status, ones for actually doing something...and ones who had nothing better to do; who usually were wastes of oxygen.

I servesd as high as on the state board of directors for one group. My neighbor was heavily into the organisation on national level and got me to run for state board. Must have been a shock to him when one of first things I did was "fire" him from representing Michigan at national board. I was elected by other farmers to do what was good for the organisation. At one time he was DAMN GOOD. But he had gotten to "good ole boy" status and not doing his job, just skating along on status. The ripple effects did some good. What a low life I was; putting good of the whole over friendship. But if a leader can't do that, they have no business representing the industry.

Many times talking with Seantors or Reps. it was down right embarassing to listen to the "nothing better to do" people you knew sound like a complete IDIOT in front of members of Congress. And members of Congress gravitated to them recognising them as ignorant, and thus harmless to them and used them as a shield navigating through a photo op.

Now I am extremely happy we farmers have a few decent groups. And some good people in our industry who day in day out stand up to the ignorant beurocracy. But if the people in power of the group are no good, the organisation IS A HINDRANCE to your industry not a help.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Working...
                              X