STL Restaurants - Transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STL Restaurants - Transworld

Last year there was a thread like this and people chimed in on where to eat, what's close, what's worth the drive, best customer service, and more. I havent been on the forums for awhile, so forgive me if there's one already going, but I saw this GROUPON deal today and it's for a restaurant that's just a block down from the show (same side of street as hotel) on Washington. Thought some of you might be interested:

Upscale American Dinner or Lunch at Copia Restaurant & Wine Garden:
    https://www.groupon.com/deals/copia-...rce=uu17646307

Choose from Four Options
    • $15 for $30 worth of upscale American lunch and drinks
    • $25 for $50 worth of upscale American dinner and drinks for two
    • $49 for $100 worth of upscale American dinner and drinks for four
    • $69 for $150 worth of upscale American dinner and drinks for six
    Copia Restaurant & Wine Garden
    The modern flourishes on Copia's menu are grounded in the kind of American culinary tradition that chef Dave Rook knows best: raised in a family that ran a drive-in burgers-and-root-beer stand in Alton, Illinois, an appreciation for the comfortable side of dining runs in his blood. Globally inspired dashes of red chilies and champagne-goat-cheese cream take off from Midwestern classics, such as slow-roasted rotisserie chicken, house-smoked trout, and pork-rib chops.
    Aided by a wine market whose bottles pour into the dining room at retail price, the downtown eatery aims to shuttle city dwellers directly into wine country with 18,000 square feet of exposed brick walls, wood-beam ceilings, and white tablecloths. Elsewhere within the rambling complex, natural light pours into an atrium garden, a glass waterfall neatly partitions off the bar to prevent diners from impulsively ordering every dish and drink they see, and stainless-steel vats age several of Copia's own wines. Much missed after a fire shuttered its initial incarnation, Copia was roundly welcomed back onto the St. Louis scene in 2010: among other praise, St. Louis Magazine called its calamari "as crispy-crunchy delectable as any seafood you’ll find in a New England clam shack" and its smoked ribs "the best upscale version of barbecue in the area."
    Elegant meals begin at lunch with spinach salads topped with smoked salmon, mushrooms, and bacon ($13), flatbreads with herb-lemon chicken, feta, and artichokes ($11), and plates of farfalle pasta with roasted shrimp, tomatoes, scallions, and garlicky cream sauce ($15). View the dinner menu’s many pasta, seafood, and steak options.
    Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
    www.HauntWorld.com
    www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
    www.FindHauntedHouses.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
    It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Believe it or not...

a dirt farmer ate dinner at this NICE place. NOTICE it said white table cloths. Don't bring in your fake blood purchases directly from the trade show floor. Several dinner guests were dressed rather nicely in cocktail dresses when I was there. Though my party of two was by no means dressed up the owner made us feel right at home like friends. Stopped by to chat for a while even. Food was excellent though pricey. Guessing fri & sat crowd would be more dressy but hit it wed or thursday if you want a great meal walking distance. Wouldn't bring your whole rowdy crew there stumbling in after pounding the drinks for a while...but don't be afraid to go in with your black haunt shirt on...we did on Fri. night. I am sure they see all kinds of convention goers there even if we are a little more rough around the edges. Even at half off deal...you will still drop a fair amount.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Fine print!

You need to make a reservation for this offer to be valid. You can link to their website to make reservation from the link above.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I hear a lot about Pappy's. ill look it up but to those that've been is it very close to the convention?

DA

Comment

pappys

it was good but prepare to wait awhile!
          Joe Phillips
          The Shallow Grave
          Winter Haven FL
          http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

Correction....i goofed

I was at Prime 1000 which is in same vicinity. My buddy says we dropped $130 with drinks. If he recalls correctly the steak was $35 THEN you paid extra for sides and specialty sauces. But yes we were in our black haunt shirts. Damn farmers...can't take them anywhere.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              I hear a lot about Pappy's. ill look it up but to those that've been is it very close to the convention?

DA
              Pappy's is good, but not walking distance. Maybe a five-minute drive. See if your hotel has a shuttle. We took a van-load from the Holiday Inn two years ago. Be prepared to wait, be prepared for them to sell out of things. Go early.
              Steve Peterka
              Lights Alive
              www.lights-alive.com

Comment

Irish?

How about pubs? We love The Dubliner, but Tigan has higher reviews on UrbanSpoon. And Tigan appears to be a national chain. Can anyone compare the two pubs?
                Steve Peterka
                Lights Alive
                www.lights-alive.com

Comment

Working...
                X