Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

admission prices - adult rate and kid rate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admission prices - adult rate and kid rate?

Thinking about how rough of a year most everyone had last year... All I ever see is a single admission rate being advertised for customers from all the haunts. Do any of you charge a slightly less rate for kids lets say under 13 y.o.? I know I had a few families who didn't come this year as the parents couldn't afford to pay full price for themselves and their kids. This next year I would like to get them back.

We charge the same for all. Baby's and toddlers being carried are free, we do have coupons for the first two weekends for the full night events. We run in the day on Sat and Sunday geared towards Kids and guest to scared for the night events. There are just a few actors and i'f they are to scared we will tour them through with flash lights and it is a third of reg admission.
    Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

We offered child tickets 10 and under for $3 less than adult tickets in 2011. You are right by saying its harder to get families to come with the increase in ticket price, but maybe you could offer a family pack of tickets or something to get them. We found that we had a lot of "10 year olds in the car that I'm buying a ticket for" or "he's 10" and he was 6 ft. tall with a beard. The ladies at the ticket booth got put in a bind because if you tell them that you know they are older than 10, they get mad and ask you to prove it etc. For us we hate to lose the families of 4, but we also hate to give away the child discount to people who are not children. We try to talk people into a "group discount". When someone asks do you have child tickets? We say well....if you bring 13 or more people children or adults we will give you the old child price for everyone, including adults....they just have to purchase tickets before they come so that they dont just meet random people in the parking lot and get a group of 13 together.

Comment

I may try a "family pack" idea of some sort. All who are going in will have to be within view at the time of ticket purchase to receive discounts. What I may have to do is put a clause in somewhere where the onus will be on the customer to prove age if it becomes questionable and make this known up front to avoid conflicts. I don't want to have to do it that way, but at the same time I want all customers to know that they can receive child discounts. I'll have to put more thought into it.

Comment

No children allowed

First, we really don;t want kids under the age of 13. It scares the hell out of them. The few that did come in ended up having to be taken out the emergency exit because they were screaming and , well, not really having a good time. We did have groups of teens come through that only had enough for one ticket each, so they were having trouble which haunt to buy a ticket for. My wife did the right thing and gave them tickets for both haunts at the price of one - good marketing.

We do have activities during the day (we are in a big campground) geared towards the little ones, like a costume contest, games, and trick or treating on hay wagons. And they do like to see the Zombie Parade on Saturday nights, but that is usually about all they can handle at that point!
          Travis "Big T" Russell
          President
          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

We charge a kids price but we go by height, children 48 inches and under get the kids price. We've had problems too with people saying "he's only 10" and having to prove peoples ages. Doing the height measurement works our well.
            ~Bill Mlinac
            The Deadland Haunted House
            www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
            www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
            X