Advice on Transworld grub...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Transworld grub...

Haven't posted in a bit but been running with my choke wide open trying to finish the construction phase of our 30,000' sq. ft. haunt...getting there! Just packed my bags and flying in Wednesday afternoon. It's my first trip to Transworld/St. Louis and looking for any recommendations on great steakhouses. While I'm sure I'll spend plenty of time :wink: at the Grand Bar & local pubs, I try and hit a great steakhouse in every city I visit. Work hard...play hard! :grin: Got a busy itinerary all week but really looking forward to Shane's Party & visiting Larry's place Thursday night. Hopefully get to meet some of the vendors I've dealt with this past year as well as some of you on this forum...just so I can put a name with a face. Looking forward to it! Safe travels!

Pickle
    (uh...that's Pickle with an "le" not an "el") lol
    Jim Pashley
    The FEAR FACTORY
    www.thefearfactorynj.com
    855-NJ HAUNT
    sigpic
    "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

I always hit the steak restaurants. I recommend Mike Shannon's steakhouse and the Ruth's Chris never disappoints. Both are walking distance to the Ren.

Jake

Comment

Thanks...

DW,
      Thanks for the tip. I eat at RC all the time, in many different cities...and your right-they are always consistent! But think I'll definitely try Shannon's...Thanks!

P.
      Jim Pashley
      The FEAR FACTORY
      www.thefearfactorynj.com
      855-NJ HAUNT
      sigpic

Comment

Pickle,

I know you'll enjoy it, great place! Bon appetite!

Jake

Comment

Food

I always hit a steak BBQ place called Bucks...I think. Great food. For breakfast I stay away from the Ren breakfast buffet. The cost is about $21 and 1 of your kidney's. I should have realized that the first time I at there and they handed me a loan application with my napkin. There is a little hole in the wall cafe down the street from the Ren. Take a left out the side door facing the convention center. Walk about 4-5 blocks...I think on your left. It's like a little market/ cafe. Inexpensive, friendly, and delicious.

Buck
          Capt.Chaos
          Fear Asylum Haunted House
          Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Say Hello

Be sure to come up and introduce yourself! Shane and it's look forward to meeting you!
            sigpic

Comment

Prime 1000 is supposed to be good
              Pappys
              BlueBerry Hill www.blueberryhill.com
              Dubliner
              Fitzbottlingcompany www.fitzsrootbeer.com
              Over/Under Bar and Grill www.overunderstl.com
              Ted Drews (www.teddrews.com)
              12th Street Diner www.12thstreetdiner.com
              1860 Saloon and Hard Shell Cafe http://1860saloon.com
              The Shaved Duck (was on Drive-ins Diners and Dives) (www.TheShavedDuck.com)
              Sweetie Pies (Famous Soul Food) http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/28/32227...grove-St-Louis
              Iron Barley www.ironbarley.com
              Guerrilla Street Food Truck (IF YOU CAN FIND THIS FOOD TRUCK...YOU MUST EAT SOMETHING FROM IT!!) www.guerrillastreetfood.com
              Last edited by Tater; 03-04-2013, 09:52 PM.
              Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Thanks guys...

Hey thanks for the advice guys.

Buck; I'm with you on some of these hotel buffets! lol Plus I like to get a flavor of the area if you know what I mean. In Key West my favorite breakfast joint is a li'l Cuban 10 seat diner in a Pharmacy! :grin:

Shane; I will definitely come up & introduce myself...plus I'd like to thank you in person for your effort you put into this party. I've been involved with something very similar here for years & know the enormous amount of time, money & effort that is required!

Tater; I think I'll just follow you & your walker around for the best eatin' joints! lol With all the chowing you do how the hell you have time to attend the convention? lol Thanks for the tips though...look forward to tasting the local fare & having a few cocktails with you guys (I met a few of you at the hotel bar last year @ the MHC...faces I remember, if only I was better at remembering names!).

P.
                Jim Pashley
                The FEAR FACTORY
                www.thefearfactorynj.com
                855-NJ HAUNT
                sigpic

Comment

I'm a local charity haunt/home haunter owner who will be attending Transworld and i can tell you pappy's is some good grub! Can't go wrong with that place , fritz's or any of the others mentioned here in this thread. Here in St.louis we got some good eats. Enjoy your stay and bring a coat. It's only gonna be a high of 45 on thursday!

Comment

I will be looking to eat on the cheap. Anyone have suggestions on that?
                    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Pappy's was good...Restaurant food not so much. Seems like there was a mexican joint few blocks down that was tasty. Can't recall the name though..
                      Kathryn DeSautell
                      Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

Granny Grub

Im sure granny has some old crusty Breast Milk left in those saggy bags shes got hanging around Enjoy

Comment

Pappys before the Darkness tour

But our vote would be Pappys .Nothing like dovouring the oh so delicious Adam Bomb right
                          Before heading over too the always Spectacular Darkness Haunted House .but go early becuse they almoat always sell out of ribs mmmm
                          Cant wait to eat and Experince the all New Darkness

Comment

Mmmm Good!

Pappy's sounds good! Might try that before I roll over to see Larry's newest creations! Although Granny's crusty 'ol breast milk & Bacardi sounds awfully good too! LOL

P.
                            Jim Pashley
                            The FEAR FACTORY
                            www.thefearfactorynj.com
                            855-NJ HAUNT
                            sigpic

Comment

i like to always just eat in the convention, come on people , who doesn't like the $15 soft pretzels ? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X