No announcement yet.

TransWorld Shoot Me Straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Mike that helps understand what you have to deal with. It did not seem that you had as much participation frome the vendors this year. There were what seemed to be lower cost props than normal. I did not know you were not paid to do IHH, and that is surprising when you see how much time your crew puts in to building it.

Phatman
    Phatman

Comment

• Ihh

Thought you guys did a Fantastic job on the IHH and it was truly well detailed
      And one of the highlights of the show for us Thanks for being there and cant wait too see the IHH
      Nezt year for sure again .
      PS can you tell us what vendor had the barrel prop in first room that maid that killer sound coming from it .thanks
      And keep up the great incredible work for 2014

Comment

• A lot of these events are extensions of the Tradeshow because they give us another look at products. The IHH to me is so much work - to me it has a vibe like the Darkzone - another way to show certain products in a natural setting, and some extra free show space for the vendors to display a few more items than they have room for. I am sure the vendors and Transworld are very happy you do it, major kudos to Tattoo and his crew.. Thank you for working so hard! I was a part of the Price is Fright, but it was John LaFlamboy and the Zombie Armys baby. They really rocked it.. lots of work went into building the games, the staging, and once again vendor coordination. The funny thing was I was up on stage and saw one of the props and went... "oh yeah I was going to get that" so the first thing Sunday I went to Creative Visions and picked it up. It worked on me!

FYI: The Price is Fright was a Gameshow like the Price is Right where haunters guessed prices and played games like the show.

Shanes party and The Darkness tours were also showcases for products and fun things for folks to do. There are maybe 6000 people or so who come to this show, it seems like there are a lot of events but in reality there may not be enough!

Anyway thanks to everyone who works so hard on these events and tours to provide education and fun for us.... A lot of work for little to no return in most cases. Many attendees will never go to these events and that is fine - as long as they go to the most important one of all and support our vendors.... the one that runs all day for 3 1/2 days... The Show Floor!

Thanks!
        Ben Armstrong
        NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
        www.Fearworld.com
        www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

• I actually seal more deals after hours than at the show. Dinners, parties and city museum are the very best place to network even if it is a buyers show. The big deals are made by networking and not on the show floor.
          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

• I don't think the point is to rip on these events but highlight the fact that from a vendors point of view that the show focus should be on putting buyers and sellers together not distract them with MHC style events every time you sneeze. I don't think the single issue is one party, or one event or one this or that its like the show seems to be moving way to much to an MHC style event and less on the main point. I think MHC does a great job incredible job and making the show to attend for parties, tours, events, and whatever else... lets not duplicate that show. Lets not create a perception that we want to be everything to everyone thereby losing your identity as the place to bring your check books and get some new equipment. The focus at least in my opinion is EDUCATION opportunities to make haunts smarter business people so they can make more money there by spending more money with vendors. We lose that opportunity when we focus way to much on entertaining people.

Now you also have Halloween Extreme or whatever that is ... hey make that the fun stop not the main show. No one is saying don't have fun but creating so many distractions and spreading yourself so thin everything gets weaker in the process like education. I didn't see to many people attending seminars this year maybe because they attended some other thing who knows. But we have an opportunity to really make an impact on these business we need to take it... that helps the industry as a whole and especially vendors.

I could creating after hour focus groups where vendors come and buyers tell them their problems with products, shipping, due dates, or how to build things different or give them idea's... you are going to tell me that would help the industry more than the Price is Fright? See in my book OPPORTUNITY LOST!

I could give vendors 10 truck loads of issues like making their products to wide, or welding on brackets on the inside of the frame rather than the outside, or whatever... see just opportunity lost to make the entire industry smarter!

On another subject... Interactive Haunt.

I think I made mention that I think and believe a lot of people work hard to put it together, there are many constraints especially with time needed... I think overall we've learned it can't be done on the level we'd like to see. Vendors are now bringing very very very detailed booths, and the interactive haunt falls way below that, additionally the show is very small and buyer walk the show multiple times there just isn't a need to showcase their products outside their booths.

I think we need something different something that really showcases vendors products... like a giant DEMO stage with TV screens right in the middle of the floor maybe. Let Vendors sign up for these demos and put on something that is truly interactive and educational at the same time. If we are to devote so many resources to something lets make it really work for the vendor and the buyers.

That is my two cents.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• On and On

This could go on and on LOL. Bottom line it's just once a year for most. I myself don't have time to go all these shows. I wish I could just don't have the time. I have a regular commpany to run and the Haunt stuff is just fun for me. Either way I think everyone puts 100% into making the show they best they can for everyone. Shane and it's making the best of it!
              sigpic

Comment

• A small time haunters view of the show

This was our second year attending, we enjoyed the show so much more this year than last, and we really enjoyed last years show.

As a pretty good home haunt, I like most people on Thursday & Friday talked with numerous vendors about their products and what they do and dont do, this year I made notes about what I want to buy and what I dont need (right now). I bought some cash-n-carry, but mostly ordered even the small items (TSA doesnt really care even a 4oz makeup bottle needs to be checked) the show floor is fantastic and to be honest my only real complaint and the one I heard from numerous people was that the floor show needs to be open longer, till 6:00 or 7:00?

The seminars; regardless of the level you are at this is a small comunitty and people talk, last year I was warned that the seminars are hit or miss not much in between, well I went to one last year about getting into the haunt industry it was a good seminar very informative and this year it was free. Also last year I went to another seminar with my wife and it was so bad I felt like I wasted an hour of my life and trade show floor time. The two seminars we attended this year were very good, but we were very selective in choosing to do any.

IHH; good to see how vendors showcase their material in a different setting, the actors this year were new (to me at least) and I really want to walk through it to see if I missed a product rather than have someone jump out, people then focus on the person not the product, imho.

The after hours activities; many parties and events to go to or not go to? Whatever each person wants to do is up to them, I can say if the show was open longer I would be at the show. I go to the show for the oportunitty to talk with numerous vendors, learn about their products and make informed buying decisions, this year I learned so much more than last year. The after hours events we went to were fun and a great experience we met and talked with home haunters to international haunters and numerous business owners, much more about networking after hours for us this year.

Just a small timers take ;-)

Comment

• Lucky industry ... next year the show is on this same weekend. Today in STL... SNOW! Its snowing here!

Thankfully it snowed this weekend and not the weekend of the show. This is totally odd its normally around 70 degrees by now!

This is the coldest March ever.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• It's global warming? Got in a conversation today with a tree huger and the said that it was cold because of global warming. I had to tell him that the worlds temp (this is average temp for the world) has been down for the last three years. Heis only reply was its because of Obama. I want to know where you get what he is on. How's that global warming down in St. Louis Larry.
                    Phatman

Comment

• Actually a result of global warming does equal more snow storms in certain regions, much more moisture in the air.

Jake

Comment

• I just find it funnier than hell...

...that the main head of IPPC or what ever that group is is THE same guy who was warning us the world would freeze when I was in grade school reading the current pantload from tree huggers of early 70's.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

• DW I was talking about the temps. Average temp for the whole world is Down over the last 3 years and the temps for march have been on average for the US down 15 degrees. Stop using Al Gore math and look at the facts and experts that are not getting paid to come up with conclusions to suport he polices of groups that benifit in research grants. If we want to stop CO2 emissions then we need to stop beating up on ourself and go after China who produces more CO2p gases a month than the US per year. I learned how to read in grade school and don't believe any thing untill I check the facts for my self. Just like the goverment keeps talking about we need more taxes to pay the deficit down but the US will take in more funds in taxes than ever in history this year even if we don't raise the taxes. WHY? Stop spending so much. Also if it were not for the temps we would be talking about rain not snow.
                          Phatman

Comment

• So you check the facts yourself before believing? So you did the research to confirm global warning and Al Gore and the many scientists who do study the facts have reported are all wrong, based on your personal research? Are the increase in tornados in the south and hurricanes out east just a coincidence? It's not a democrat or republic issue about global warming its obvious the climate is more turbulent these days.

Jake

Comment

• I am not a republican, I am a person who deals with places outside the US and right now the talk in Europe is another mini ice age in the next 100 years. National Geographic will be doing a series of shows this summer on it. The biggest issue is that the world getting warmer is not half as bad as it getting colder. If we lose a 3 degree average in the US we would be unable to produce enough food to support ourselves, we can over come heat but not cold with technology. There have been 5 studies covering this out of Europe over the last 4 years and it has the governments over there very concerned. If you would like I can send you links to the studies and my synopsis of the NG broadcast media package we are currently working on for them. This is not crack pot political stuff, it is good hard research done without influence from companies or university personal gains. You may have heard that there is a big movement in the Green Peace group about going away from and distancing themselves from the global warming stance. The Media in the US does not cover a lot of things that you can read in Europe. If we really wanted to do some good for the environment then we should start with the worst abusers like Mexico, South America, India and China. I was just like alot of Americans a 20 years ago before I got a different view from traveling abroad. I was not trying to be critical, but our press here in the US seems to have their own agenda now days.
                              Phatman

Comment

• Just a side note there is a reason that Al Gores own party won't stand with him on this subject. If you fact check his research most of the global warming experts won't side with Gore. He is just media grabbing. This is not what this tread was here for so that will be last I post on this subject.
                                Phatman

Comment

Working...
                                X