TransWorld Shoot Me Straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael

I know I wanted to chill and relax from speaking. I have been speaking for a few years and figured it may be time for some other folks out there that might want to give it a shot. I don't think there was many or the oldies that has talked in the past. I think Larry still did maybe a few more. It did make me feel good there was some people coming up wanting to know why I was not speaking I told them the same thing I wanna relax and honestly I think everything and every subject has been covered by someone. Also I have seen so many times in the past the seminars seem to be infomercials for people trying to sell and push product. I myself have nothing to sell again this is just my opinion! And on the IRS Paul is 100% right and I know this first hand and I don't even do this for the money! Hell I am dealing with it now lol. Its a long drawn out process and your quilty till you prove yourself innocent! I also agree with Allen so many after hour events. No it does not hurt the show but I can say this I hope they made money in 5 years I have never made a dime and many times paid extra charges! I think Jen should combine her party with mine but I don't see that cause I am sure shes making some off her sponsors. I think it may be time to take a step back and breath some new life into the show. I know of several things that would add excitement to the show hopefully we can talk and work on new things to go along with the show. Shane and it's maybe were at a point where we need some changes?
    sigpic

Comment

I have to say the Dead House Designs Trailer was awesome!!! The Scarefactory hallway was dangerous like you guys are saying. I was warned by another haunter before I entered it for the first to walk real slow and to be careful.
      ~Bill Mlinac
      The Deadland Haunted House
      www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
      www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

I understand now Shane, I was going to chat with you for a few at the Ren when I saw you but you just kept walking away waving at me. I thought it was odd but I see you just wanted to relax.
        ~Bill Mlinac
        The Deadland Haunted House
        www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
        www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slain View Post
          Vendors.. Meet some great new ones and chumbed up with some old ones.. Bought hardly nothing.. Half of last years order dollars wise .. Im with Larry that Unit 70 will get some $$$$ from us...
          I think the show is really very slow and lame.. No offense to anyone but it is a very boring show. I walked the floor a couple of times per day and except for a few vendors I saw very few folks buying the goods.. lots of folks buying up the floor samples on Sunday.. That is real neat to be able to do if you can haul it..
          I do have some advice for all those that sale cash and carry at the show including Jen at Transworld..
          The IRS will be knocking on your door/booth one of these days.. St. Louis will figure it out and go back X number of years and burn each and and every vendor doing such.. Mark my word it will happen I've seen it first hand. You talk about headaches.. I dont think Transworld or the vendors are prepared for that kind of real TERROR....
          Slain why does it matter if its legit and receipts are given its a sale like any other sale.

Jake

Comment

Jake

Mike your right a sale is a but did you pay taxes on it? Nope! Many don't and your supposed to. Well for one you got cash and carry you should be paying tax on that and I assure you that no one added tax to the sales then, do you pay taxes on the product there, do you pay the taxes when you get home. Does the vendor charge tax. It really does open a whole lot of issues. Most don't pay tax when they are at the show so your expected to pay when you get back many don't! I would like to see all vendos charge tax on it so I don't to fool with it when I get back. Lots of issues the IRS likes this kind of stuff! Bill man I am sorry I did not talk to many and I don't want you to think I snubbed you at all. Please if I came off that way it was not my intent! Shane and it's next time just come jump in!
            sigpic

Comment

show tax

As a "exhibitor" at a local festival last year I got a tax form from my state looking for the sales tax on my sales. Event organiser had to turn in list of exhibitors to the state. Cracking down on this more. I sent back their form with a letter stating I did not have any "sales", which I truthfully did not. I merely handed out my flyers for the upcoming of the maze and haunt season opening in a few weeks and met people face to face. Had been at this festival other years as well but 2012 was first they started sniffing around these type of events.

BUT THEY ARE CRANKING UP ON ENFORCEMENT OF THIS ISSUE FOR SURE.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Shane

Shane, next time you give a seminar... I'm there!
                Michael Inks
                Geist Entertainment, Inc.
                Visit GEI on Facebook

sigpic

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

Lol

Michael anyone that knows me knows I am just a phone call away. I will be glad to offer any info and will help in anyway I can! Shane and it's anytime man!
                  sigpic

Comment

Guess I was in the minority then. I thought the show was way better than previous years. We are more into the retail aspect and the selection and quality were far better than I expected. We bought masks from two new companies this year and we cant wait to get their stuff. There were several really cool costume and mask companies that stood out. Was not wowed by any of the new digital effects from any company this year. They all just look fake and seeing them in the darkness just sealed their fate in my mind. They run on a loop and take too long to execute. Everyone was stopping trying to see each one in turn. I can only imagine that being a nightmare unless they were using it as Q line entertainment.

Thought Gore Galore was really on point this year. The trailer haunt in the darkzone was very well done. Midnight studios and creepy Collection both had very nice props. Tom Devlins new over the head masks looked great. I enjoyed the interactive haunted house. Thought they did a really good job considering the time.
                    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

We really appreciate the positive comments.
                      Grimley, and others. thanks
                      I have thought about super detailing our booths, but prefer to focus on product rather than the booth. But it does help to showcase the product by giving it a background or scene to be seen with. It helps buyers see the potential in the product.

In regards to the IRS or the MO dept of rev trying to get sales tax from vendors. You are dead on. That is why we do NOT do cash and carry. Plus I find it kind of a hassle to prep all that product with no guarantee it sells.
                      IN years past Transworld did say this was NOT a cash and carry show. And because of the MO depart of rev showing up last year, and some vendors bringing the idea to transworld to again bar cash and carry atleast "officially". some will still happen but atleast recommend to vendors against it. Selling Display models is safe as far as taxation is concerned.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com
                      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I had an excellent time at the show! Finally got my goat actormatronic from Kevin at gg - and picked up an awesome river monster mask from Allan. Learned a lot, drank even more. Looking forward to Midwest !
                        Good deals with : brad, smiley, capt. chaos, fables studios

www.fearthegallows.com

Comment

This was the best show I have ever been to!!!

First year and WOW...I am still freaking out. I can honestly say that I had more fun at this show than I can remember for the last 10 years. We got great new things from a good group of vendors. We waited too late for some of the masks we wanted from Stilt Beast but hopefully we can score something in teh next few months.

Thanks guys for a great show!!!

Choose Your Path!:evil:
                          Dan's Haunted House
                          Fear IS In Everything!

Comment

Pretty muc all stiltbeast does is cash and carry. Since my masks are unique ordering is impossible. It is very easy to simply pay the sales tax in Missouri since that is where you are doing business.
                            Allen H
                            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

A couple years ago the state of MO revenue called me trying to get info on the show because they wanted to hit up everyone for sales tax... I told them flat out its a show where people see products and write orders later. They only became aware of the show because some vendors called them and tried to pay taxes. The reality is most of the cash and carry is related to selling one thing here or there in your booth and that is what I told them. I told them because I knew the guy actually... I told them they would never get a dime from anyone and that most if not all the vendors are really only selling a handful of things from their booth and most of everything is simply orders like any other show. They told me OIC kind of thing and that was that... I haven't heard of them coming back at all.

I don't think that is really an issue honestly.

Because the show really isn't a cash and carry show unless you are selling like small little things like CD's or something small who can stock stuff? Again I wouldn't worry about it.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Huh???

Larry... Sometimes you make comments that make me go "huh? what?!"

Did you have a chance to walk the show floor this year? If you did then maybe you missed what I observed which was TONS and TONS of c&c everywhere.
                                Several booths had only c&c and no literature at all to hand out! They only brought product to sell on the show floor.
                                Several booths had printed signs saying "C&C!"

Doug.
                                www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                                [Google+] [YouTube]
                                [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X