$700.00 gift card to FRIGHTMASTERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $700.00 gift card to FRIGHTMASTERS

I have a 700.00 dollar gift card to frightmasters for que-line entertainment for 350.00 bucks
    bknipper@comcast.net

Gift card

Or trade for something

Comment

Whar does this gift card entitle you too?

Comment

Frightmasters

The gift card they won is for a Professional Haunted House Radio Commercial. And for a queline rules and entertainment c.d with sound effects. They won our prize at the Insane Shane Party. They came to our booth the next day and talked to me about they dont run a haunted house. Instead they do a haunted house website or something. They didnt ask me if it was okay if they sold it. But since Im the nice person I am I will honor whoever buys its. If you purchase it or even if your interested in it. Please feel free to call me with any questions.
        Thanks,
        Damon Carson
        www.frightmasters.weebly.com
        (573) 253-6508
        Damon Carson

Comment

Wow. Kind of shady... Profiting from a free gift sure is in that gray area....

Guess we need to re-eval for next years party regarding giveaways and unauthorized transfers to anyone other than the winner?

Comment

Gift card

I am sorry Damon ,, I just wasn't thinking ,,,, I did not mean to step on any toes ,, I just thought someone else could use it ,, gift card will be discarded ,, and I will delete this post when I can figure out how ,, again ,, my apologies !!!

Comment

Again, wow. What a shame..... I'd love to use that kind of thing.

Comment

what the ?

This is outrageous they should be allowed to sell it if they can't use it after all it was a prize and they won it fair and square. I think reevaluation is in order on the unauthorized transfer of prizes I seen the same person walk away with four prizes. I'm sure they had multiple tickets but they obviously transferred the raffle tickets authorized or not and no one blinked an eye. After all If you bought raffle tickets for any reason under the sun and won a rifle or car or whatever it may be and had no use for it no one in the whole world would give a spit.

Comment

It's tacky and in bad taste, that's the difference.

These are donated items from folks of our industry that wanted to help Shane out. We make no money from this, simply doing it to help networking and have a fun time while doing it.

Trying to profit from a free donation is tacky. Period. If anything selling for 99 dollars to recoup money spent on the party would be in order. Otherwise, vendors like Damon may eventually opt to stop donating because their offerings are being sold for profit after they themselves already donated them FREE of charge.

Just my opinion, but others agree.

Comment

I don't agree... unless it says this prize is non transferable the new owner has the right to sell, lite on fire or blow out of a cannon as with any giveaway anywhere. Every time I have been there people have sold stuff they won 2 seconds ago or traded..who cares.. its theirs. Not tacky and pretty normal and as someone who normally donates why would I care if the person wants it or someone has better use for it.

Comment

Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I, as well as a few others I spoke to regarding this agree that while not immoral or unethical it is tacky never the less. I never look a gift horse in the mouth, and certainly don't try to trade or sell it.

Comment

Heyyyyyyyy! Speaking of horses...remember that time at City Museum (last weekend) when I got called the "n" word and was told "eff you and the horse you rode in on!" by some random stranger who thought I hit him in the face with a ball in the ball pit?! ( [MENTION=6351]Allen H[/MENTION] + everyone there)

...but I KINDA agree with both parties. NOT that anyone asked for two cents, but because this is a public forum...

SHOULD A DONATED GIFT BE SOLD FOR HIGH DOLLAR?? mehhhhhhh. I think of it this way; if it were a CFX mask that I didn't need, the VALUE is still there. I wouldn't just sell it for $100 to recoup my party expenses...it's WORTH $xxx and that's what's fair for the product. I may not sell it for the EXACT amount, but much like this person, half value or so. BUTTTT because the items were donated, I don't feel it's TACKY to resell...especially cause I don't think it was done with ill-intent. If you were a party goer grabbing lots of prizes and reselling, then YES, extremely tacky...I would hope vendors wouldn't be offended (thanks Damon) because it's not like they're donating 50 products that are then being resold. If anything, the product is still being utilized. If ya don't need it you simply don't need it, so waste it??! Who knows...much like coupons, vendors should view it as "hey, maybe this person would have never purchased from me, but if they like my product they may later return." IDK! Again, opinion.
                        O'Shawn McClendon
                        Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Okay, so I guess I am the odd man out.

The difference in my opinion is that most gun raffles, for instance, are raising cash for a company or a business, volunteer fire department, etc. Key word is to raise cash. So gun dealers sell their guns for half of what they normally do to help out. If I get a gun that I already have, I take the cash option instead of the gun, as it is a cash raising function. The dealer has already gotten their money by selling it at cost plus a percentage, and the fire company has gotten their money by way of entrance fees and additions raffle tickets bought, etc.

Shane, Sue, and myself donate our time and efforts to help with this party because it is a labor of love for Shane. It's his party. He isn't profiting from throwing this party. In fact breaking even has been the case so far in the 5 year run. Nor am
                          I. Nor is Sue. Neither are the VENDORS.

They donate their goods and services to help possibly get better exposure in hopes of increasing their sales and client base. They may or may not profit. So to donate 700 dollars of a service only to be sold means that the ONLY one who is (theoretically) profiting from this entire ordeal is the person who owns the gift card or service.

To me, it's tacky. Again, my opinion, and apparently I'm the only one who sees is that way on this thread.

I concede to my accusers, and wish you all the best.

-Keegan

Comment

Working...
                          X